• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

barclaycard , Northampton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barclaycard , Northampton

Hello All
    I'm looking to join Barclaycard soon at the Northampton site and would like to know your experiences.Any info would be gratefully received.

Also I live near Milton Keynes.Is it easy to drive as it shows around 25 mins?

Thanks

Originally posted by beoptima View Post
    Hello All
    I'm looking to join Barclaycard soon at the Northampton site and would like to know your experiences.Any info would be gratefully received.

Also I live near Milton Keynes.Is it easy to drive as it shows around 25 mins?

Thanks
    They were good enough to work for, paid good rates and allowed WFH but be prepared to be hit by a 10% rate cut at some point.

I only travelled from MK to Northampton via train so can't comment on the road situation. I worked in the town centre site and not the big new place on the outskirts but did visit once and it looks to be a nice enough office to work in.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      They were good enough to work for, paid good rates and allowed WFH but be prepared to be hit by a 10% rate cut at some point.

I only travelled from MK to Northampton via train so can't comment on the road situation. I worked in the town centre site and not the big new place on the outskirts but did visit once and it looks to be a nice enough office to work in.
      Many thanks..were you working there for long?

Comment

Originally posted by beoptima View Post
        Many thanks..were you working there for long?
        6 months until they hit me with the 10% rate cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          6 months until they hit me with the 10% rate cut.
          thank you..

Comment

What is your skill area beoptima ? I live close to that big Barclaycard place and would like to work there.

I heard they offshored a lot of their unix work to India a few years ago, after that there weren't as many unix opportunities.

Journey from MK should be a piece of cake. M1, off at J15 then A45. Or A508 depending where you live.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              What is your skill area beoptima ? I live close to that big Barclaycard place and would like to work there.

I heard they offshored a lot of their unix work to India a few years ago, after that there weren't as many unix opportunities.

Journey from MK should be a piece of cake. M1, off at J15 then A45. Or A508 depending where you live.

Hi
              Mine is more on java/business process stuff..

thanks for the info about the journey

Comment

Had a contract there. I refused an extension as no work at all could get done, lots of frustration, due to endless layers of bureaucracy and layers of outsourced and insourced parties.
                Big never again for me

PS I was working as a BA there. Normally I'm a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Had a contract there. I refused an extension as no work at all could get done, lots of frustration, due to endless layers of bureaucracy and layers of outsourced and insourced parties.
                  Big never again for me

PS I was working as a BA there. Normally I'm a PM.
                  sorry to hear that..I have worked with Barclays in Cheshire before and the experience was good..hoping it will be the same this time around as well

thanks for your inputs

Comment

anyone with experience at their Cardiff site?

Comment

Working...
                    X