• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Kremlin propaganda links from the Spetsnaz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Kremlin propaganda links from the Spetsnaz

Pregnant activist crashes glitzy arms industry dinner, urges guests ‘consider career change’

The UK arms industry, which profits from brokering arms deals with questionable regimes and conflict-ridden states worldwide, is backed and subsidized by the British government.

Tuesday’s annual dinner, which cost attendees £246 per head, was hosted by ADS – a trade body for British Aerospace, and other defense, security and space companies. The group represents a collective of the world’s 50 largest arms firms.

The opulent soiree was attended by Britain’s Business Secretary Vince Cable, the representatives of 100 arms firms across the globe, over 40 British MPs, 30 civil servants, and 30 Ministry of Defence (MoD) personnel.
    Andrew Smith, of UK think tank Campaign Against The Arms Trade (CAAT), said the event was a hotbed of lobbying.

“The fact that arms dealers were swilling champagne with over 40 MPs is a disgrace and shows the extent of the arms trade's connections and political lobbying,” he added.
    Now it makes complete sense why Cameron, Blair and Boris 'AK-47' Churchill are so keen to keep us in perpetual war. So just how much of a per centage do arms sales make up of our GDP I wonder?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Pregnant activist crashes glitzy arms industry dinner, urges guests ‘consider career change’

Now it makes complete sense why Cameron, Blair and Boris 'AK-47' Churchill are so keen to keep us in perpetual war. So just how much of a per centage do arms sales make up of our GDP I wonder?
    If you leave human beings alone they will fight irrespective of whether these people are involved. So you might as well try to control the fighting and the weapons that are used. Otherwise what do you suggest. we close down our arms business just to satisfy people like you? if we did what do you think would happen?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      If you leave human beings alone they will fight irrespective of whether these people are involved. So you might as well try to control the fighting and the weapons that are used. Otherwise what do you suggest. we close down our arms business just to satisfy people like you? if we did what do you think would happen?
      Certainly not!

I say bomb and shoot the bally lot of them! You are absolutely right DA - this is indeed a very very good thing, thank God for people like you! And thank you for making the world into the wonderful place it is today...
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

You can take a moral high ground and say I would rather our industry focused on something more worthwhile.

FFS I worry about how stupid some of you people are.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          You can take a moral high ground and say I would rather our industry focused on something more worthwhile.

FFS I worry about how stupid some of you people are.
          The easiest thing in the world is to be critical and cynical. To offer an alternative is the real challenge
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Should have dropped the bomb on Moscow in 45.

Would have saved the world from a failed political system arming every fookin fruitloop and their dog for the next 40 years.

Comment

Would have saved 40 million Soviets from Stalin.

Comment

Vince Cable is still a complete cockwomble though.

Absolute no hoper I hope the government can get shot of shortly.

Comment

The easiest thing in the world is to be critical and cynical. To offer an alternative is the real challenge
                  Have you thought about joining ipse?

Comment

Meanwhile, the press would rather focus on Putin's alleged Aspergers:

Vladimir Putin suffers from Asperger’s syndrome, Pentagon report claims - Telegraph

Who knows, maybe he does "suffer" from it, maybe not. They could perhaps point to the fact that the majority of politicians are sociopaths or narcissists, far more dangerous when in a position of government, but then it wouldn't be Putin alone.

Comment

Working...
                    X