• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well I think I have just experienced the best Barolo ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think I have just experienced the best Barolo ever

just gonna finish off with a small double scotch and watch the Spurs v the ARSE game again

Details please.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Details please.
      Sorry

it was a 2008 Barolo Villero, Castiglione Falletto, Giuseppe Mascarello

Decanted for about 2 hours. Looks as light as Ribena, very floral and red fruits on the nose (Strawberries and Raspberries), but with a real firm backbone. The colour belies its power.

Really impressed, 3 bottles left price is circa £65 a bottle.

highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post

highly recommended.
        As GlenW would agree, there are better places to spend that sort of money!!!!

Comment

Sorry

it was a 2008 Barolo Villero, Castiglione Falletto, Giuseppe Mascarello

Decanted for about 2 hours. Looks as light as Ribena, very floral and red fruits on the nose (Strawberries and Raspberries), but with a real firm backbone. The colour belies its power.

highly recommended.

You wuz robbed, you can get a case with BBR for £40 a bottle. I'd expect to pay £65 if it was an older vintage.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You wuz robbed, you can get a case with BBR for £40 a bottle. I'd expect to pay £65 if it was an older vintage.
            Yup, but you actually know quite a bit about wine where as the OP was just a clueless brash attempt to brag by one of the forum trolls with more toes than braincells.

Comment

Well sir I beg to differ as these were actually from BBR. in fact the 2009 and 2010 are slightly more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                Yup, but you actually know quite a bit about wine where as the OP was just a clueless brash attempt to brag by one of the forum trolls with more toes than braincells.
                bragging? I only gave further explanation when asked you simpleton.

Wine is my second love and couldn't give two flying ducks what you think Mister

Comment

Where masturbating into a crusty sock puppet is your first???
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Where masturbating into a crusty sock puppet is your first???
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X