• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware of Experts Exchange!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use? I find it limited use but ok if you can for cheap enough.

A week or so ago my free subscription ran out so I spoke to rep on chat. They offered 6 months for $19.95 so I thought OK bargain.
    So they put it all through on my card and said ok all done for £19.95.

Whoa. Hang on. £19.95 aint $19.95. Excuse - oh sorry sir I thought you'd prefer £ since your billing address is UK. Umm possibly but not when its £6 or so more matey boy. So refund that.

All agreed. Next day I check. $109.95 charged so Im back on to them. Then they try to tell me I agreed to that - did I ****! Only when I start mentioning fraud do they back down.

It get worse. Credit card company phoned me a day or two later - my card has just been used in a supermarket in California. Guess where supermarket is and where EE are based - yep pretty much within 10 mins drive. Looks like someone bought their shopping on their way home from work using credit card number they just picked up!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

And here was me thinking expertsexchange.com was something else....
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Lol classic PC. C'mon, really!

ExpertSexChange.com

Comedy gold

Comment

Wait, you signed up to EE?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Yeah stackoverflow isn't good enough for him as it's free.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

Discussion on the pros and cons here

See http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...nyone-use.html

PC, what did you find a EE that you can't get from SO that made you want to pay to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Lol classic PC. C'mon, really!

ExpertSexChange.com

Comedy gold
              Apparently it used to be this then they twigged so its Experts Exchange - The network for technology professionals. now. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Discussion on the pros and cons here

See http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...nyone-use.html

PC, what did you find a EE that you can't get from SO that made you want to pay to stay?
                I find it 'OK'. Certainly not worth they're standard fee of £19.95 a month but I got it for $19.95 for 6 months.
                So £2 a month - its ok for that.

Comment

SO definitely has limitations. If you can't phrase your problem as a succinct question or can't share your code, people aren't that helpful. I think the lack of a discussion based element is a problem (albeit one that's made up for by the site overall being so great).
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It could be the best forum in the world for £1 a decade but I'd still have an issue with some ****er doing they're shopping with my credit card!

Comment

Working...
                    X