• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The ghost mystery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ghost mystery

Just came across this local news item about a McDonalds haunted by an 1800s woman:

VIDEO: Is Eltham McDonald's haunted by ghost of headless pregnant woman? (From News Shopper)

Can anyone who believes in such claptrap explain why ghosts always seem to be from the past? Surely people these days can die in the same traumatic circumstances, with the same sense of unfulfilled duties etc. Why are there no ghosts wandering around in hoodies or onesies looking at their IPhones???

Maybe the religious can also explain why god never appears to mortals anymore now we have cheap devices to record his presence?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Why are there no ghosts wandering around in hoodies or onesies looking at their IPhones???
    Sounds like a story

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      ...Maybe the religious can also explain why god never appears to mortals anymore now we have cheap devices to record his presence?
      Catholics believe he's present in every Eucharist. Or do you mean stuff like this

(yes, I know it's a fake)
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

God is all powerful, so he can control all forms of electronic devices that might capture his image
        He is even more powerful than the iphone x
        and he supercedes all versions of windows.

I don't believe in God, but if I did, I would ask him to smite you a bit, for your irreverant questioning.

God even knows what that spotty twat in KFC means when he asks you if you want the 'bargain meal'

'No. I asked for a large fries and two bits of chicken. Now fck off before I get God on your fckng case. you spotty twat'
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Or do you mean stuff like this
          Interesting that the time count at top right is overwritten by some Chinese characters just before this "teleportation". Curious too that the teleported bike/man are so poorly defined compared to the lorry that almost hits them and the car that turned just before. Somebody needs to try a bit harder when doctoring videos.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 9 February 2015, 21:30.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

And I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              God is all powerful, so he can control all forms of electronic devices that might capture his image
              He is even more powerful than the iphone x
              and he supercedes all versions of windows.
              Except his operating system is stained glass windows

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                Except his operating system is stained glass windows

That generated quite a lot of prophets in it's early years, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
                  Except his operating system is using advanced crystal technology
                  FTFY

Haven't you seen Stargate Atlantis FFS ?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    That generated quite a lot of prophets in it's early years, you know.
                    Until man got tempted away by the shiny Apple.
                    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                    X