• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to sign documents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to sign documents?

When offered a contract, and required to sign several documents, do you sign with your name or also add 'on behalf of <limited company>'? - from an IR35 perspective?

Originally posted by tl97 View Post
    When offered a contract, and required to sign several documents, do you sign with your name or also add 'on behalf of <limited company>'? - from an IR35 perspective?
    I sign as the director of MyCo. Many people get the CoSec to sign it on behalf of the company.

It won't make a blind bit of difference to IR35 (lots of things don't) since YourCo will be ignored in any investigations anyway.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The signature is far less important than the wording of the contract.

But in any case...

My sig
      Director

I like the idea of having the company secretary sign the paperwork to reinforce that its not a personal contract but I doubt it would make any difference in an IR35 case.
      Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 10 February 2015, 09:59.

Comment

Unless the client / agency have already put my name on it then the company secretary signs it.

If not, it says my name and Director.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I really hope the OP is getting his contract IR35 checked asking questions like this.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I use a ghost writing machine. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I use a ghost writing machine. What could possibly go wrong?
              Good afternoon Mr Ramsay.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
              X