• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal number plates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal number plates

Ok, without giving too much away, who's got one, who hasn't, who thinks they're a pile of toss, how much did you spend on it etc etc.

I bought one a few years ago when I changed my car. It's a standard XX99XXX style plate, but the contents are specific to me. Only problem is, no-one can really tell it's a personal plate until I change my car (I bought the car in 08 and the number on the plate is 06, so it still kinda looks like a standard issue plate). Cost me £250 straight from the DVLA.
    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Who still has the link to the pretentious number plate blog?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Personal Number Plates are for grade A1 tw@s

Unless you are swimming in money and can get a damn expensive one

Comment

I want:

ID10T
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

I think W4NK3R

Would suit better

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Personal Number Plates are for grade A1 tw@s

Unless you are swimming in money and can get a damn expensive one

WHS - even if you are swimming in money - give it to flipping charity rather than waste it on looking like a Tw@t

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              I think W4NK3R

Would suit better

I didn't think that was a legal number, but if it is I'll bear it in mind.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

What I've never understood are the clearly super expensive plates on a tulipe car. Why would you put a £5k plate on a bloody Corsa?!

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  It's not, but then again neither is ID10T
                  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                  • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    If you have enough money dvla will sell you what ever you want!

Comment

Working...
                    X