• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have in my hand, a piece of paper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have in my hand, a piece of paper

Not exactly a promise from the enemy, that they will desist from aggression
    but still a small victory. Also, a sign that some of our institutions are at work (whether you agree with their decision or not)

The background: Old EO has been working from Home for the last couple of years, with the inevitable exposure to Jerry Springer, Judge Judy and the adverts.
    One of the adverts was straight out of the greenies CAGW playbook
    Sea Ice down leading to dangerous population pressure on Polar bears and on penguins.

This is, of course, a lie.

So I complained about the WWF advert to the ASA, and I heard today that WWF have agreed to pull half of it, in order to avoid a full investigation.

So a small victory for a man, but a great victory for the truth.

These ****s knew all along it was a lie. They didn't even put up a bit of a fight.

shysters and crooks, the lot of them
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

So they avoided a ruling. But wasn't it the same issue that they'd already won in 2010 ASA Adjudication on WWF-UK - Advertising Standards Authority
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Great article on the whole scam here:

Butter is good for you, just like global warming then...

Ok, it's Dellers but he does draw some very striking parallels.

Somebody, somewhere does some research that suggests butter is bad for you.

Various government agencies use this as a reason to poke their nannying, sticky beaks into our lives and tell us to lay off the bread and dripping.

As a result there's a boom in the sale of low fat spreads etc & overnight a powerful lobby group has been created that will ensure that the "fat is bad for you" myth continues to be promulgated notwithstanding the growing obesity crisis fueled by the vast quantities of sugars and other nasties added to "low fat" food to make up for the lost flavour-transmitting properties of fat.

Wonder when the AGW scam will get its "Butter is good for you" moment?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Not exactly a promise from the enemy, that they will desist from aggression
        but still a small victory. Also, a sign that some of our institutions are at work (whether you agree with their decision or not)

The background: Old EO has been working from Home for the last couple of years, with the inevitable exposure to Jerry Springer, Judge Judy and the adverts.
        One of the adverts was straight out of the greenies CAGW playbook
        Sea Ice down leading to dangerous population pressure on Polar bears and on penguins.

This is, of course, a lie.

So I complained about the WWF advert to the ASA, and I heard today that WWF have agreed to pull half of it, in order to avoid a full investigation.

So a small victory for a man, but a great victory for the truth.

These ****s knew all along it was a lie. They didn't even put up a bit of a fight.

shysters and crooks, the lot of them
        You're lying about the polar bears, aren't you?
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Whatever keeps you off the street EO.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
            Great article on the whole scam here:

Butter is good for you, just like global warming then...

Wonder when the AGW scam will get its "Butter is good for you" moment?
            The scam will end when enough people realise that the 'environmentalists' are not interested in the environment, but only interested in keeping the money, grants and subsidies flowing.
            These people do more harm to the planet than anyone else. Just look at Drax
            there are not enough trees in western Europe to feed that monster. The amount of CO2 pumped out shipping wood chips from the states is mind numbing

It's not about CO2 , and it never was. It's about getting control, and getting our money
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

What have you got against wrestling? It's clearly moronic, but probably harmless enough.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It's not about CO2 , and it never was. It's about getting control, and getting our money
                Converting Drax to biomass, or to be strictly acccurate a coal/biomass mix, so-called 'coburning' is a good idea, it reduces CO2 emissions by 80%. But it only makes economic sense with Government support and subsidy to effect the conversion, and the way the DECC have implemented policy, it makes economic sense to import wood pellets and waste from the US. From an environmental standpoint, its nuts. and many ecologists have tried to get Ed Davey to implement a policy that makes ecological and economic sense.

Just Greenwash. It echoes what happened with biofuels, a good 'green' idea being co-opted by Government (notably the EU, and perhaps surprisingly George Bush and his Big Oil friends who got in on the bio-ethanol business, with disastrous ecological results, again actually opposed by many environmentalists. )

If you want to be angry with someone, be angry with Ed Davey.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                  Converting Drax to biomass, or to be strictly acccurate a coal/biomass mix, so-called 'coburning' is a good idea, it reduces CO2 emissions by 80%. But it only makes economic sense with Government support and subsidy to effect the conversion, and the way the DECC have implemented policy, it makes economic sense to import wood pellets and waste from the US. From an environmental standpoint, its nuts. and many ecologists have tried to get Ed Davey to implement a policy that makes ecological and economic sense.

Just Greenwash. It echoes what happened with biofuels, a good 'green' idea being co-opted by Government (notably the EU, and perhaps surprisingly George Bush and his Big Oil friends who got in on the bio-ethanol business, with disastrous ecological results, again actually opposed by many environmentalists. )

If you want to be angry with someone, be angry with Ed Davey.
                  That's right comrade.
                  Just like communism failing everywhere because although it's the best system ever, it just wasn't implemented quite right. If only comrade pj had been in charge eh?

next time you eejits come up with a great scheme, and the sensible folk say its not practical, maybe you will understand why.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                  X