• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Part-ex

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Part-ex

Have you ever part-exchanged a property?

I'm considering it, just now. I know I won't get full market value, but trying to work out whether that hit is worth it considering I won't have to pay to sell, won't have to wait for a buyer.

Any experiences, good or bad?

Assuming you are going for a new build – don’t do it, unless it’s an “executive home” the build quality on new builds tends to be shocking, with minimal room size, gardens & parking
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Assuming you are going for a new build – don’t do it, unless it’s an “executive home” the build quality on new builds tends to be shocking, with minimal room size, gardens & parking
      Agreed, that's why I live in an old barn, it would be lovely if it had been converted.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

It's not a new build. Well, it's 12 years old.

The part-ex is a service that the estate agent offers, just to try and remove the chain as a blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
          It's not a new build. Well, it's 12 years old.
          Anything post 1990 is new build..
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

What's the mileage on it
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Yep but at least prior to 1998 the amount of space between houses wasn't quite as bad as it was after that...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The one I'm moving out of is 1865. I love it, but it's just too small.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Yep but at least prior to 1998 the amount of space between houses wasn't quite as bad as it was after that...
                  True, that & other details has gotten worse over the years, this is why I don't like resi works - I will stay in commercial build.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

... and if you want a garage to put a car in and it says garage make sure you measure it up. You can't get a car in to a Persimmons one nowadays.. Well you can but you can't get out of the car.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X