• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency employed model?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency employed model?

Is this where the market is headed and why there arent as many roles advertised?

Im seeing agencies such as hyphen, adecco, parity, testdirect, rdf and the likes all pushing their 'employed model' to contractors. Naturally, it doesnt appeal to many experienced contractors who know what it really means but for those who've recently left the cosy world of permiedom and dont like the idea of being between contracts, it gives them this naive idea of being the best of permie and contracting.

In the meantime, sectors that were once quiet buoyant with roles now find there is nowhere near the same number of contracts advertised.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Never been approached on this basis.

Comment

I get plenty of these for PM roles but just ignore and move on. woeful prospect they are.

Comment

It's their risk averse reaction to the new reporting rules. If they employ you, they don't have to meet them. They will eventually realise that they also won't have any candidates...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          It's their risk averse reaction to the new reporting rules. If they employ you, they don't have to meet them. They will eventually realise that they also won't have any candidates...
          It's about time we removed employment agents and human resources from our supply pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            I don't know the ins and outs of it (we don't do this in the UK) but some of the companies above have been doing this for mich longer than the new rules have been in production and they also do regular contracting.
            https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              I don't know the ins and outs of it (we don't do this in the UK) but some of the companies above have been doing this for mich longer than the new rules have been in production and they also do regular contracting.
              Id agree with this. I know adecco started doing this when I was contracting at a blue chip international bank over 5 years ago.

Mind you, their terms were so poor that no one at the bank took them up!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X