• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A genuine crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A genuine crisis

Ok need your help folks. As you know I've been working in Germany a bit, and am currently.

Well, as I spend a lot of time away from home I have to find a way to unwind in the evenings. This involves spending lots of time in bars.

One such bar this week presented me with a very significant problem. Now I like beer. A lot. And none more so than German beer. Manys the time I will chug back a few Hefe Weissen (Helles) and really enjoy them.

Anyway back to the bar. This bar was serving a brand of beer called Koeztritzer. The name of the beer is Schwarzbier, or black beer. It's like a black lager really. Only really, really nice.

So nice in fact that I have fallen in love with the stuff. This however presents me with a problem. I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells the stuff, except for one online outfit but I'd rather get it from somewhere I can collect.

So, seeing as I won't always be here in Germany you can see my dilemma. These are the options as I see them.

1] booze cruise every quarter.
    2] become a stockist
    3] brew it
    4] convince a local stockist to stock it
    5] move to Germany
    6] cross Europe beer pipeline
    7] convince Koeztritzer to move their operation to Luton.

What do the panel think?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Special Brew split with Newcastle Brown...

Comment

Where's the Andyw option? #pollfail

Comment

sp. Köstritzer. East German beer, okay, but not really one for me. There are a few of these now in Germany: Schwarzbier. I have a bar of Köstritzer chocolate still to be eaten
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            First world beer problems
            Booze cruise is the best option.

Remember, they drive on the wrong side of the road.

Comment

Option 8) Order it on-line & have it delivered

This t'interweb thing has a search function, first result back was...

Kostritzer, 24 x 330ml, 4.8% ABV

Comment

Other dark beers and they deliver to the UK: Suche- BierPost.com - Bier online kaufen

Or a 5 liter party barrel: Köstritzer Schwarzbier 5 L Partyfass - Biere im Partyfass - Biere - Funfass Online Shop (although delivery is €10 more than it costs)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                  This t'interweb thing has a search function, first result back was...

Kostritzer, 24 x 330ml, 4.8% ABV
                  I did Google it before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Other dark beers and they deliver to the UK: Suche- BierPost.com - Bier online kaufen

Or a 5 liter party barrel: Köstritzer Schwarzbier 5 L Partyfass - Biere im Partyfass - Biere - Funfass Online Shop (although delivery is €10 more than it costs)
                    Darmie read the OP

Comment

Working...
                    X