• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone uses VMPlayer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone uses VMPlayer?

Trying to get networking working in a virtual Linux OS (Mono SuSe image in case you interested), anyone had problems in this area?

Nope !

Comment

Got it fixed myself - now I can see how crappy linux GUI is comparing to Windows XP

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Got it fixed myself - now I can see how crappy linux GUI is comparing to Windows XP
        hmm, which GUI, there are plenty to choose from
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

GNOME - it looks worse than Windows 3.1

Comment

well customise it (you can) and then try another KDE, XFCE........, there will be one you like
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

It's not the looks - the applications like one to setup networking looks incredibly primitive from design point of view as if it was programmed by a Chico or maybe even AndyW.

Linux is a good OS if you know exactly what to do via SSH.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                It's not the looks - the applications like one to setup networking looks incredibly primitive from design point of view as if it was programmed by a Chico or maybe even AndyW.

Linux is a good OS if you know exactly what to do via SSH.
                Then that is a SUSE specific app, guys like SUSE and UBUNTU seem to do that a lot.

If you want control then Gentoo is the way to go, otherwise you have to line up with the other lemmings and be spoon fed, before jumping off the cliff to end up in Gatesville.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                  you have to line up with the other lemmings and be spoon fed, before jumping off the cliff to end up in Gatesville.
                  It's a myth that lemmings do it - fabricated by Disney who killed innocent creatures in order to film supposed voluntary jumping off.

.NET pays the bills

Comment

make sure you install the vmware tools (assume it comes with vmplayer .. does with workstation) ....

Comment

Working...
                    X