• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I like some agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like some agencies

Got a call from an agency yesterday about a project and so dropped my CV to them last night along with an hourly rate which I'd dropped as it is reasonably local and most projects I've asked about are lower than what I get now. Got a call back today saying that I'm an ideal candidate and are putting me forward but my hourly rate is too low so they've upped it by 15%, which is nice. I actually did a project for them some years ago and the same thing happened then, upped from 130 an hour to 145 and got extended twice with rises. Some agencies are quite nice...

(* I once did a small project for a consultancy in Frankfurt for a couple of days work and sent them my invoice, this was direct, and the owner sent it back saying it wasn't enough and upped it by a grand. I still get work through them as well.)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

130-145p or £.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

¢ I think!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Got a call from an agency yesterday about a project and so dropped my CV to them last night along with an hourly rate which I'd dropped as it is reasonably local and most projects I've asked about are lower than what I get now. Got a call back today saying that I'm an ideal candidate and are putting me forward but my hourly rate is too low so they've upped it by 15%, which is nice. I actually did a project for them some years ago and the same thing happened then, upped from 130 an hour to 145 and got extended twice with rises. Some agencies are quite nice...

(* I once did a small project for a consultancy in Frankfurt for a couple of days work and sent them my invoice, this was direct, and the owner sent it back saying it wasn't enough and upped it by a grand. I still get work through them as well.)
        Good to know!

Seems the rates are way better in Germany than the cloggers market.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

If every contractor were to reward agencies like this with a few leads then the standards of professionalism in the industry would rise. If they do not then agencies like this will disappear. The choice is yours.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The agent who got me in this contract told me the rate was £x50 per day. I said I couldn't go less than £x75, which he negotiated prior to interview. I got the job and he called me to offer another £25 on top. Lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              If every contractor were to reward agencies like this with a few leads then the standards of professionalism in the industry would rise. If they do not then agencies like this will disappear. The choice is yours.
              Thats for that nugget of wisdom DA.

Needed some desperate "relief" before the 14th of February. Never expected that it would come from you.

Comment

Actually they've just emailed me with the final details and they've actually upped it by 22% which even I think is quite high!
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

And if I ever meet one I shall DA
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Thats for that nugget of wisdom DA.

Needed some desperate "relief" before the 14th of February. Never expected that it would come from you.
                    What gibberish, as that's how it reads to me?

Comment

Working...
                    X