• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much would an FTC have to be??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would an FTC have to be??

Thoughts

I have been on this gig approaching 18 months and up for renewal in 6 weeks. Just been offered another 3 months extension but told that will be it. Its an average day rate for London PM, work is a doodle and no hassle really at all, reasonable commute.

There is at least another 12 -15 months work in this gig after the contract extension expires. They have asked that i consider an FTC role with some training thrown in. Numbers mentioned are 80k.

I accepted the 3 month extension and have to give an answer in a week on FTC.

Its not really that tempting to me as ££ difference is significant and i am confident i can get something else on same or higher day rate elsewhere. Also the thought of being here for another 18 months of tedium doesn't excite me

Warchest after the 3 month extension would be just under a years living

Am i mental or not?
    Last edited by Mincepie; 13 February 2015, 15:16.

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
    Am i mental or not?
    For considering an FTC on substantially less money and with none of the securities of being a permie? Yes. This is a cost-cutting exercise for them, nothing more.

Comment

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

IF "accept FTC" THEN "mental" ELSE "not mental"

Comment

It's not enough.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I am glad we all agree. I wasn't really tempted by less money, I will gladly take the 3 months extension and if its REALLY the end then i will sail into the sunset

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              It's not enough.
              That depends on your point of view, and without knowing what the current day rate is, an FTC paying £80k may or may not be good value.

If you accept an FTC doing the same job, I'd be concerned about the IR35 status of the contract the OP is already in (even if they don't accept the FTC) - since they are possibly already viewing them as an employee.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X