• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds - happy 2 week holiday everyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds - happy 2 week holiday everyone

10% cut for all on next renewal

But to compensate you get to take 2 weeks unpaid time off in the summer, lloyds will choose the dates

Happy Monday lloyds people

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    10% cut for all on next renewal

But to compensate you get to take 2 weeks unpaid time off in the summer, lloyds will choose the dates

Happy Monday lloyds people
    Is that in addition to the one that was done at the back end of last year or is this an IT thing ?

I was in Retail (Comm Bank) and they did 10-15% on renewals from Oct to Dec last year. I was due to finish at end of Dec and got offered a renewal at 15% down (anyone over £400/day got 15% cut, anyone under got 10%).

Refused extension and ended up giving notice and leaving at end Nov. Don't do rate cuts.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

is this for IT folks?

Comment

Just curious, do people front load the rates for clients that do this?

i.e. oh yes Lloyds I charge them 120% of my standard rate because they like rate cuts.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

i.e. oh yes Lloyds I charge them 120% of my standard rate because they like rate cuts.
          Don't know about IT but on the business side, 2012 and 2013 were all about the rate increases where I was. Had 3 5-10% rises during that period. They pretty much work on card rates for specific roles and exceptions are rare. End of 2014 the rate cuts reappeared but that's the first time I can remember for a long time, prob since 2009.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Wouldn't your standard rate already just be the most you think you could get?

Comment

Not surprised by that at all, they tried to do it just before i started a contract there back in November 2013, also after i joined they said there was a two week period over xmas which contractors had to take off. They failed to mention that to me until i signed. So was there for 10 days and off for two weeks, after that i decidedi wouldnt extend if they offered it, they did and i declined and just saw it out. They tried it again just as i was leaving so knew i had made the right decision to just see it out. Would never go back there now, i've seen how they work

Comment

I phoned Bank of Scotland last week to change my address they hold (using the main contact number on their website).

After negotiating the automated questions, including entering my account number, a guy finally picked up the the phone "Lloyds Bank, John speaking"......

Now obviously they are all part of the same group, but I was massively upset about this. He apologized profusely, and said I'd have to hang up and phone back as he couldn't transfer me.

So I did, phoned the same number, navigated through all the options etc, and lo and behold..... "Lloyds Bank, John speaking"...... same guy....

very bizarre... this time he did say he could transfer me.....

very disconcerting to get transferred to the wrong bank/team, even weirder to get the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  very disconcerting to get transferred to the wrong bank/team, even weirder to get the same guy.
                  Copy/paste of the call center script fail. They probably distributed the same laminated answer sheet to everyone in Bangalore...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Copy/paste of the call center script fail. They probably distributed the same laminated answer sheet to everyone in Bangalore...
                    He was based in the UK. He was adamant he could not help with BoS accounts, only trained to deal with Lloyds.

Comment

Working...
                    X