• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPODS - insecure, pressured, over-taxed and debt-ridden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPODS - insecure, pressured, over-taxed and debt-ridden

Young people could face a massive squeeze on their finances in the next few years, according to a report from the political think tank Reform.
    Taxes, repayment of student debt and compulsory pension contributions may produce an effective tax rate of 48% for some of them, the report says.

The survey suggested two-thirds of voters think young people are having a harder time than their parents.

The report calls them IPODS - insecure, pressured, over-taxed and debt-ridden.

"Young people are under increasing pressure from rising debt, low earnings growth and low savings and face extreme difficulty in entering the housing market," said Professor Nick Bosanquet of Imperial College London, one of the report's authors.

Perhaps they'll think next time there is a general election.

What we need is more immigration.

Comment

Yes lots more. Perhaps the British Army could force people at gunpoint to flee their own countries and channel them into Britain at a faster rate.

Just an idea.

Comment

Excellent idea, DP. Let's get John Reid on the case. I would venture to say without a period of consultation.

Comment

More single parents !!!

Comment

Anyone over 35 is OK though - apparently...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

IPODS - hmmm. I don't suppose Apple will be too pleased about that acronym.
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                IPODS - hmmm. I don't suppose Apple will be too pleased about that acronym.
                Perhaps they'd prefer APPLES - Anxious Penniless People Lacking Education and Skills.

Comment

Working...
                X