• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SpinVox - Voice to Text

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpinVox - Voice to Text

Voice to Text Services

So how do they do this do you reckon?

I was having a discussion with a friend who is a senior manager for a telecommunications consultancy. He basically sells/writes voice activated IVR systems around the £1million mark.

SpinVox converts voice messages to text messaging perfectly, using their 'patented' conversion method. Started about 3 years ago by some consultant bird who had 14 messages on her phone and wanted them sent to her as text. They now have 100000 paying customers of £8 p/m.

So what is the holy grail of technology they have. If such a thing as true voice recognition work as perfect as this then would they limit it to just text?

We have a theory. Do you?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Look, if you don't know how a website knew about your IP address, then you should try to even attempt thinking about higher level concepts.

Just do your Crystal Report stuff and watch your football team lose in the evening.

hth

Comment

easy

employ lots of indians/e. europeans/lowest paid workers and get them to type in the message as txt...
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Can't be "perfect", surely? I mean, my own in-built voice recognition software has difficulty when I speak to "Trevor" from Hyderabad, the well known voice of my local bank.

Comment

They should sell the core technology to Sky for their subtitles. Have a watch of Sky News with the subtitles on, it'sa hilarious...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I think the gooner has it.

Ive done work on Soundex/Speech Recognition in the past. Where you have similar words etc you have problems. With voicemail you have all the background noise etc.

I understand from people who use it, it is always 100% perfect and compex peoples names(especially Indian ones) are spelled perfectly.

We summise that for a service of £8 per month it has to be indians.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

tap tap tap........

Comment

Working...
              X