• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hold or Hang Up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold or Hang Up

I'm on hold at British Airways, 27 minutes now. This is an international call from my mobile phone, God alone knows what this will cost me.

Should I hang up and cut my losses?

Or stay on hold, hoping that surely it can't be much longer?

Oh, and I need a stress pill.

Soon it'll be as much as a first class ticket. Hang up.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Depends why you are calling them
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Depends why you are calling them
        +1

If you're stuck in the toilet on the way back from Bangkok with a couple of ladyboys and a bag of coke I would definitely stay on hold.

If you're wanting to book a ticket somewhere then call back another time.

Comment

Chill Chinchilla,

British Airways = Bastard Airways; as I've come to know them.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Twitter is often your friend at times like this.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              +1

If you're stuck in the toilet on the way back from Bangkok with a couple of ladyboys and a bag of coke I would definitely stay on hold.
              You have experience of such situations? When you got through did you ask BA to bring round some drinks and complimentary black Knobblers?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Twitter is often your friend at times like this.
                WHS

Also a few years ago I found it was actually cheaper to call abroad on my mobile during working hours than on my landline.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Reverse the charges?
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    You have experience of such situations? When you got through did you ask BA to bring round some drinks and complimentary black Knobblers?

Hang on, was that you? In the PVC mini skirt?

Comment

Working...
                    X