• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The rich that are happy to pay their taxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rich that are happy to pay their taxes

From the BBC:

BBC News - The rich people who say they are happy to pay their taxes

Unsavoury, disgraceful, contemptible all highlighted with links for it's readers.

And finishes with this quote:

"It's weird that we're even talking about it," says Constantine. "Paying your taxes is what you're supposed to do."

Hope this helps.

BBC News - How 'morally wrong' is it to pay cash-in-hand?

The black economy is thought to cost the exchequer some £2bn a year.
    hardly worth bothering about is it?

The kitchen needs replacing, or the boiler has expired.
    both are likely to require corgi and or part p work so hardly representative, if they can't find the tax cheats here they aren't trying.

more likely is cleaning or hairdressing in the home.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I dont have a problem with people avoiding tax. Despite what some say, everyone does it. Its up to Government to close the loopholes. Or better still, dont make them in the first place.

The amount of tax payable should be determined by statute, not by what the mob, the PM or other cohorts deem is a 'fair share.'

Tax evasion is illegal and should remain so. The blurring of lines between avoidance and evasion is wrong and dangerous imo.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        BBC News - How 'morally wrong' is it to pay cash-in-hand?

hardly worth bothering about is it?

both are likely to require corgi and or part p work so hardly representative, if they can't find the tax cheats here they aren't trying.

more likely is cleaning or hairdressing in the home.
        It's Gas Safe these days, not Corgi. HTH.

Comment

I like the way the article has a picture of a protest with a banner: "Target tax dodgers not pensions".
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The rich that say they are happy to pay their taxes.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Fail!

Where is that ugly cretin Russell Brand?

Comment

Working...
              X