• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

web development role interview in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

web development role interview in London

Which one of you was it? Bet it was Suity...

Why you should never swear at strangers on the train

A commuter who launched a foul-mouthed tirade at a fellow passenger he bumped into on a crowded train faced him again just hours later – at a job interview.
    The man told his future interviewer to “go f*** yourself” as they both got off a train at Monument station during rush hour on Monday morning.
    Later that day, they were reunited but in a much more formal setting, with HR executive Matt Buckland interviewing the angry commuter he had met on the District line that morning.
    "At Monument station, I stood to one side to let someone else off the train first and I think he thought I was just standing in his way,” Mr Buckland, head of recruitment for investment firm Forward Partners, told BuzzFeed.
    "He pushed and I turned, I explained I was getting off too but he pushed past and then looked back and suggested I might like to f*** myself."

During the interview, Mr Buckland said that the job seeker did not recognise him, but a few questions about how his jouney to work had been that morning jolted his memory.
    “I asked him how he got to the interview, how was his morning commute," he said. "We were on the train in the morning but the interview was at 5.30pm that evening.”
    Mr Buckland explained that the man, who had applied for a web development role at his company, was not offered the job, adding that this was nothing to do with the incident that morning.
    “It would be easy to hold something like this over someone in an interview, but for me interviews aren’t about that," he said.
    "When you interview you are looking for a read of skills but also to know if that person is a real human being, it’s about that connection.
    "By the end of the interview we laughed it off and were both happy.”
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Which one of you was it? Bet it was Suity...

Why you should never swear at strangers on the train
    Yeah right!
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
    X