• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mayor of Rotterdam on poverty, integration, immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayor of Rotterdam on poverty, integration, immigration

Dutch Muslim Mayor to extremists: Accept norms or leave - CNN Video

"...I am a product of poverty myself. I cannot accept that poverty leads to terrorism. Poverty must lead to seeking of knowledge, to sciences, to better oneself, to climb on the social ladder...."
    "...It's about investing in yourself first of all, and in doing so, you invest in society..."
    "...A passport is not just a travel document but an identity...."
    AND his final punchline:
    "If you don't like it here because of some humourists who make a newspaper, get lost"

Not an unreasonable or irrational point of view.

Mind you the guy has just painted a target on himself for less rational members of his religion to aim at.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Not an unreasonable or irrational point of view.

Mind you the guy has just painted a target on himself for less rational members of his religion to aim at.
      If you are an English civilian you have a greater chance of being killed on a Scottish mountain than you do by the hands of a Muslim terrorist.

Irrational?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        If you are an English civilian you have a greater chance of being killed on a Scottish mountain than you do by the hands of a Muslim terrorist.

Irrational?
        I like this type of argument.

It's like the mountains get a hammer and a machete and set off looking for an English civilian. While the muslim terrorist is a passive object waiting for a hiker to fall down his crevasse
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's like any English civilian out for a coffee and to meet friends might suddenly get taken hostage by a Scottish mountain
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

It's like people who climb mountains say, 'hey, this is totally risk free. much safer than wandering into a coffee shop hostage situation'
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Wish he teaches a thing or two to the mayor of Rotherham

Comment

If you are an English civilian you have a greater chance of being killed on a Scottish mountain than you do by the hands of a Muslim terrorist. Irrational?
                  Afraid it's you being irrational there M with a completely invalid comparison. The chances of dying while trying to walk across the Artic in the nude are even less. Not checked but think about 0 people have died of same in the last 50 years.

Was anyone seriously threatened with death over "The life of Brian" ? I don't think so. The point is that a significant number of prominent people in the West who have criticised the irrational bollux of Islam have been targeted or threatened. The recent terrorist attacks, Rushdie and many others are just those that grab the headlines. Some prominent bloggers and others have been threatened too, Heard of this case? Me neither.

Danish critic of Islam attacked by gunman | World news | The Guardian

They never make the headlines either but very many who do not toe the Islamic line in Islamic nations are at significant risk. Keep saying it but some of you need to wake up and check the facts. What we call democracy, equality and freedom does not exist in most of the Muslim majority nations of the world. Take a look at the US State department religion freedom reports:

International Religious Freedom Report for 2013

It is quite true that many Muslims want democracy and freedom but unfortunately that is rarely what they, or anyone else, gets in Muslim majority nations. Islam and Islamism are not separate things, the second springs from the first, they are part of a normal distribution of belief, a Muslim religion that is greatly slanted towards religious conservatism compared to Christianity and is moreover a political creed, not simply a religious one.

If we continue with this PC pretence and do not defend our own more rational values, the growth of Islam in the West will destroy centuries of progress. Our failure to tackle what threatens us is just an inverted racism. If we had the same threat from white Marxists or Nazis nobody would shrink from confronting them.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 22 February 2015, 19:20.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Afraid it's you being irrational there M with a completely invalid comparison.
                    It's not a comparison, it is statement of fact.

I don't know what type of English comprehension lessons you were given in the oik school you went to but to clearly you were up the back of the class in the thick class.

I shall repeat it for you again, an English person in civvy street is more likely to die on a Scottish mountain than die at the hands of a Muslim extremist.

That is not a comparison oik boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X