• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McClaren 650s vs Saab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McClaren 650s vs Saab

It's the Wail, but wtf.

McLaren 650S Spider almost destroyed in head-on crash in London | Daily Mail Online

For dear old Freako, this relates to a car some clown spent £250k on being totalled by a Saab.

Saw that, the mclaren didnt look good. But the passenger compartment didnt show any signs of collapse so I guess the crumple zones worked. Bit surprised the body panel effectively disintegrated so much. Mind saabs \ volvos were not known as tanks on wheels for nothing.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Saw that, the mclaren didnt look good. But the passenger compartment didnt show any signs of collapse so I guess the crumple zones worked. Bit surprised the body panel effectively disintegrated so much. Mind saabs \ volvos were not known as tanks on wheels for nothing.
      Exactly - no cabin intrusion and lots of dissipated energy would be a good thing for those driving. I once saw a collection of 1930's era crash investigation photos - most of those cars looked like they just needed a bit of T-Cut, but many were fatal accidents.

Comment

Who jumped the lights?

or was the McClaren driver simply a plonker
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Mind saabs \ volvos were not known as tanks on wheels for nothing.
          May have been true in the 70s 80s...
          But, that model of Saab is effectively a Vauxhall Vectra in a dress..so more of a shed a wheels.

Likely the McClaren picked up most of the damage when it was spinning around hitting things

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
            But, that model of Saab is effectively a Vauxhall Vectra in a dress..so more of a shed a wheels.
            Nothing wrong with a Vauxhall Vectra.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
              May have been true in the 70s 80s...

Likely the McClaren picked up most of the damage when it was spinning around hitting things
              I once saw a 1970's Volvo that had run a little wide on a tight bend near Haydon Bridge, its front right corner hit the front right corner of a car coming the other way. The other car was a Rolls Royce and was a little scratched, the Volvo was totalled!
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                I once saw a 1970's Volvo that had run a little wide on a tight bend near Haydon Bridge, its front right corner hit the front right corner of a car coming the other way. The other car was a Rolls Royce and was a little scratched, the Volvo was totalled!
                at 2-2.5 ton the Roller is going to be at least 50% heavier than any Volvo and god knows how much stronger. Bit of a bargain classic these days...Here's one that used to belong to Nigela Lawson, seat sniffers need not apply

http://www.ghostmotors.co.uk/87SPIRIT.htm
                Last edited by ZARDOZ; 24 February 2015, 14:53.

Comment

ppffft!

Would be left in the dust by my '72 Austin 1800 (especially after the McCLaren crashed)
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                  X