• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parents beware, seriously

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents beware, seriously

Just found SY04 on his tablet in a game chatroom with some things as a parent you just don't want to see in a chatroom. We caught it just in the nick of time.
    Very freaked out.
    This is in spite of

a) Explaining to the kids about the do's and don'ts.
    b) The school explaining to the pupils about do's and don'ts.
    c) Us monitoring the activity (hence we caught it in the nick of time).

Children can be so friggin stuipid.

Please heed this warning, and tell your kids again about the do's and don'ts.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Movie Star planet: The Games Children Play... - Birds on the Blog

WSS

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Just found SY04 on his tablet in a game chatroom with some things as a parent you just don't want to see in a chatroom. We caught it just in the nick of time.
      Very freaked out.
      This is in spite of

Bad parenting. Say no more.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Very freaked out.
        This is in spite of

I would fire his parents.

Comment

Just realised that twat MF replied with sumat similar.

In the usual Suity style, don't tell us SY04 is 18

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Bad parenting. Say no more.
            I find this hard to disagree with.

I trust your parenting is of the highest standard and you never made a mistake in your life?

Comment

I find this hard to disagree with.

I trust your parenting is of the highest standard and you never made a mistake in your life?
              Well neither MF or myself have gone online and said we had watched while our children were being groomed.

Firstly we are clearly better at managing our internet access (it ain't difficult, opendns is a very basic starting point) and secondly we aren't stupid enough to announce such utter parental failings to others online....

I would recommend reading http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/f...cle4360599.ece if I were you...
              Last edited by eek; 24 February 2015, 19:15.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Well neither MF or myself have gone online and said their had watched while their children were being groomed.

Firstly we are clearly better at managing our internet access (it ain't difficult installing opendns as very basic starting point) and secondly if we were making such utter failings we wouldn't be posting them online....
                My point was

1) We nipped it in the bud just in the nick of time, through effective monitoring.
                2) I wanted to warn others.

This I think is being responsible. Just as the person writing the blog got caught out in a far worse, for more prolonged attack and thought to share this experience online for the benefit of others.

You are just a troll.

Comment

Suity, why do you want to share this with all the twunts in this forum?

Sometimes it's best to keep schtum about these things...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Suity, why do you want to share this with all the twunts in this forum?

Sometimes it's best to keep schtum about these things...
                    On the off chance one of those twunts reads this and checks their child's tablet, find this app installed and removes it.

Prevention is always better than cure.

Comment

Working...
                    X