• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pls recommend a liquidator for closing company down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls recommend a liquidator for closing company down

Hi all,

Could you please advice of a couple of liquidators that can help me close my company down?

Many thanks all

Speak to Simon Renshaw at Accura and tell him I sent you. Note that you only need liquidator if retained earnings are over 25k.

Comment

What's the reason for the liquidation? Company has large debts it can't afford to settle? Or has >£25k net assets and wants to liquidate for tax reasons?

If the latter, MVL Online have helped quite a few (ex?) Contractor UK users over the last ~30 months. They've been discussed a few times on the forum previously, eg see here.

If instead you have debts the company can't pay, you'll likely be looking for a CVL (creditors voluntary liquidation) instead.

Comment

Thanks for this.

The company has more than 25k in the account. Thanks for the suggestions. If anyone has any more suggestions, they are appreciated.

many thanks!

Comment

Personally I'd speak to Maslins and the MVL process. It's been discussed on here and it appears to work so that would be my first port of call.

Just in fairness and because Maslins never gives me any backhanders, iPads or horses I believe Nixon Williams works with a guy that provides a service at a reasonable rate as well.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 5 March 2015, 11:36.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X