• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One third of British muslims "Have some sympathy for the motives of Hebdo killers"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One third of British muslims "Have some sympathy for the motives of Hebdo killers"

27% say straight away it's ok another 10% refuse to distance themselves

BBC News - Most British Muslims 'oppose Muhammad cartoons reprisals'
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 25 February 2015, 18:10. Reason: Accuracy.

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    27% say straight away it's ok another 10% refuse to distance themselves

BBC News - Most British Muslims 'oppose Muhammad cartoons reprisals'
    So the vast majority think it was wrong. Good news.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      It can only be good news if 100% think it's wrong 1/3 of all mozzies is quite a big pool of potential murderers

Comment

It can only be good news if 100% think it's wrong 1/3 of all mozzies is quite a big pool of potential murderers
        That's an impressive jump in logic, they can understand why someone else did it so they are going to do something similar.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

I'm far far more worried about the other 95% of the population.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

100% is unrealistic but for a full 20%+ to be in favour is pretty scary. I would've assumed a far smaller minority.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              100% is unrealistic but for a full 20%+ to be in favour is pretty scary. I would've assumed a far smaller minority.

Note it says, 'some sympathy', not that they are in favour of it.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Given Muslims believe in an imaginary God and that all infidels should be killed, it's not that unexpected. The brainwashing of religion can only lead to such views.

Comment

Note it says, 'some sympathy', not that they are in favour of it.
                  Some sympathy means they are in favour. If they would have asked "fully support" in the questionnaire all respondents would have lied, as it would put them clearly on the police/intelligence services radar

Comment

WGAS

Comment

Working...
                    X