• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help needed please .... :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed please .... :-(

A friend of mine (I help his wife when he is away) needs some advice.

I am certain he will be benched shortly. He calls himself a qualified BA but he comes across as an utter cretin.

He tried choking on German pole, but the Germans aren't fools. No chance there.

He acts like a diva when some of his other friends fix an interview for him and doesn't show up. No chance locally.

He loves himself so much that he ignores his wife and makes self-love. Never a chance there!

What really are the options in front of him? How can we help him find something worthwhile to do with his life?

I request the panel for help.

Warm regards,
    FLC

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    A friend of mine (I help his wife when he is away) needs some advice.

I am certain he will be benched shortly. He calls himself a qualified BA but he comes across as an utter cretin.

He tried choking on German pole, but the Germans aren't fools. No chance there.

He acts like a diva when some of his other friends fix an interview for him and doesn't show up. No chance locally.

He loves himself so much that he ignores his wife and makes self-love. Never a chance there!

What really are the options in front of him? How can we help him find something worthwhile to do with his life?

I request the panel for help.

Warm regards,
    FLC
    Golly, all this attention.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

How is his CV? The last time I looked at one for someone with similar problems it wasted a lot of space with full page wasted on a table of skills (rather than a few short paragraph lists) and no details in what he successfully achieved in that role. You could tell he had followed some advice on it but there were major inconsistencies where half the skill set had been refactored but not the other half...

I suggested merging the table of skills into a few paragraphs e.g. C# (8 years), .net (8 years), asp.net (8 years) and adding some description of the successes he achieved in each role to make his CV look interesting..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        How is his CV? The last time I looked at one for someone with similar problems it wasted a lot of space with full page wasted on a table of skills (rather than a few short paragraph lists) and no details in what he successfully achieved in that role. You could tell he had followed some advice on it but there were major inconsistencies where half the skill set had been refactored but not the other half...

I suggested merging the table of skills into a few paragraphs e.g. C# (8 years), .net (8 years), asp.net (8 years) and adding some description of the successes he achieved in each role to make his CV look interesting..
        Well it was updated last on Monday. And so was the site. Still a way to go on the site bit it's getting there.

Comment

You what?!

Does it include the help he tends to beg for Oracle installations?!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Well it was updated last on Monday. And so was the site. Still a way to go on the site bit it's getting there.
            Can you please stop spamming my thread meant for my friend?

If you have any personal issues, go see your GP. Don't piss on my parade.

Thanks,
            FLC

PS - HTH

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              You what?!

Does it include the help he tends to beg for Oracle installations?!
              The problem with listing out my successes is I have to keep this to under 2 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                The problem with listing out my successes is I have to keep this to under 2 pages.
                Its hardly surprising when your biggest achievement most days is getting through it with only 1 pair of underpants...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Its hardly surprising when your biggest achievement most days is getting through it with only 1 pair of underpants...
                  Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. Failed today.

Comment

Obviously talking about yourself here.

Sounds like you better start looking for other jobs pronto.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X