• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ban Hammer cannot be far away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ban Hammer cannot be far away

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post2060370

To be fair, it is the end of the month when most cojak bannings happen. I wonder why?

So sexism is more tolerable than racism on CUK?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Brillo's link is to someone trolling in the NTRT thread. Some windup merchant telling them they all deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Brillo's link is to someone trolling in the NTRT thread. Some windup merchant telling them they all deserve it.
        Perhaps, but only a cyclist could think that all periods start at the end of a calendar month

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Perhaps, but only a cyclist could think that all periods start at the end of a calendar month
          Everything syncs via the cloud these days. Maybe that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Not sexism. Just pointing out a biological fact.

I think nature is very sexist as only women have babies. I demand a womb! Or at least you can all support my right to have a womb.....

PS I dont know why the comment was left on the NTRT forum. It should have been removed. And admin published the poster's email publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              To be fair everyone was warned about those schemes at the time, those on them were taking a big risk. Fair play to them to have the cahones to do it, I didn't. My question is will they ever apply a retrospective tax that benefits us. i.e. IR35 is abolished so all those who claimed inside can get all their years of tax back?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Not sexism. Just pointing out a biological fact.
                So standing in the street shouting "look at that man, he's BLACK. Look, there's loads of black people everywhere" wouldn't be racist because it's true?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                  To be fair everyone was warned about those schemes at the time, those on them were taking a big risk. Fair play to them to have the cahones to do it, I didn't. My question is will they ever apply a retrospective tax that benefits us. i.e. IR35 is abolished so all those who claimed inside can get all their years of tax back?
                  I was not warned. And I know of no-one who was. Montpelier were pushing HMRC to go to FTTT. They refused and came up with retrospective.

HMRC have lied and cheated the whole time. Montpelier have proof of this. And MOntpelier have been singled out :-

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  HMRC's ongoing vendetta against Montpelier

HMRC hoodwinked Parliament in to passing unprecedented draconian retrospective legislation. There have been unlawful raids on Montpelier's offices. Arrests without charge. Clients and staff interviewed under caution. Then the collapse of WG's trial.

There is further evidence in this recent FTT case. Note how HMRC attempted to treat Montpelier clients far more harshly than other promoters. It didn't work because the FTT ruled against them.

http://www.financeandtaxtribunals.go...64/TC04286.pdf

HMRC probably only did a deal with George because we was a deGraaf client, not Montpelier.

I don't think it is any coincidence that we are the first contractors to receive APNs. And this is despite the fact that HMRC know full well they are chancing their arm issuing them to us because the Montpelier scheme was not notifiable under DOTAS.

The question of legality/morality was over long ago. The question of retrospection being right or wrong is over too. Now it is about whether HMRC can lie and mislead parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    Cojones

Your last question indicates the medicine is wearing off. They are more likely to retrospectively raise the age of consent to 51 so they can fine people for having sex!

Comment

Working...
                    X