• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Actress Emma Thompson and her husband refuse to pay 'a penny more' in taxes until HSB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actress Emma Thompson and her husband refuse to pay 'a penny more' in taxes until HSB

Emma Thompson and her husband refuse to pay 'a penny more' in taxes until the HSBC tax evaders go to jail - Business Insider

Or until they get a letter from HMRC

If they has more than one home in the world then they may just move their main residence. So they will pay this year and make sure they aren't around next year.

Also some people do go to jail for things.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They may end up sharing the same cell

It's a bit like saying that unless they find out the truth about Madeleine mcann I am going to abduct a child
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Has anyone been convicted of tax evasion yet?

Sorry for insisting on petty things like due process and rule of law - I will try not to let it happen again.

Comment

In theory, if a lot of people all decided the same then something might have to be done. But "millionaire refuses to pay tax" isn't going to be very popular.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            In theory, if a lot of people all decided the same then something might have to be done. But "millionaire refuses to pay tax" isn't going to be very popular.
            What they are actually saying is that they are deserving rich whereas bankers are not.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Has anyone been convicted of tax evasion yet?

Sorry for insisting on petty things like due process and rule of law - I will try not to let it happen again.
              Al Capone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                What they are actually saying is that they are deserving rich whereas bankers are not.
                There are certainly deserving rich around. But bankers AND those in show business are not among them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  There are certainly deserving rich around. But bankers AND those in show business are not among them.

Whereas agents are of course

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    They may end up sharing the same cell

It's a bit like saying that unless they find out the truth about Madeleine mcann I am going to abduct a child
                    Don't let Churchill hear you say that...
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X