• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broadband recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadband recommendations?

Can anybody recommend a reliable provider?

I am moving house soon. I will have a BT line installed and looking for the maximum bandwidth for around £10 - £15 per month. Looked at Tiscali and eclipse so far, anybody else I should consider?

Many thanks

(This bulletin board has been barred on my contract site a few weeks back ……… )

You will not get high amount of traffic for that money - maybe 10 GB, max 40 GB, unless you go for Telewest cable who are good in this respect.

Comment

Zen - http://www.zen.co.uk

Used them for a few years now. They're not the cheapest, but they're ultra-reliable and on the few occasions I have needed support they've been very responsive. I have one of their business packages so I don't get capped on my bandwidth at all.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

www.nildram.co.uk ....

why just £15.... its expensible you know... I smell permie! Out vile spot!
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Not Bt !!!!!!

Comment

I use eclipse
            Generally their service is excellent - esp web side (I'm on the cheapest package). Web mail has had hiccups every couple of months, for a few days, it is usable generally, though, just times out. POP3 etc behaves better, takes a couple of attempts then gets mails. I had issues signing up because of the exchange, but they kept me in the loop, chased BT, and progressed the whole order within hours of BT clearing the exchange issue.
            No spam through them - was with BT before, and UK helpline - big bonus!
            If you want to go with them, pm me & I will send you a referrer code

Comment

eclispe

Another 3 cheers for eclispse. Ive been with them for years, they never used to be the cheapest but the first class service (the few times I have had to call on it) has made them worth every penny. I used to be with NTL so I know how much useless tulipkicker support staff can ruin your week. Talking of which, why has Andy W not piped up yet?

Oh, my mistake, of course he already has....

Comment

check with adslguide.org.uk first to see what options you have at your local exchange.
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
                  www.nildram.co.uk ....

why just £15.... its expensible you know... I smell permie! Out vile spot!
                  I use Nildram and they are good...even have their call centre here in good old blighty. Do you just know you are going to get some indian with an impossible to understand accent on the phone...naw just kidding. Their support people are actually quite good at sorting your problems out.

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Try to get BeThere.co.uk - ADSL 2 for just 24 quid, no traffic limits, 1.3 Mbit upload - if you are one of the first to register on your exchange you can get it for 20 quid per month, like I did.

Comment

Working...
                    X