• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A different perspective

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A different perspective

Recently I've been getting some special attention from certain sock puppets.

To be clear I do not want this. I don't like it. It does piss me off.

However in previous cases I have flounced off. They win, I look like a bedwetter.

I was requested to stand my ground by several other posters. Yesterday I did this.

So the noise levels go up, and it stinks up the board and generally makes things less enjoyable for others.

But, and here's my point, this is not just Suity noise. This is cross talk. So before you go sticking me on ignores, and rolling your eyes and going "blimey it's off again" spare a thought for the other side of the tennis match that regularly troll on here and get away with it scott free.

That is all.

Suity
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

What is a sockie?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      What is a sockie?
      J'accuse!
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

As this is a discussion forum, I'll stick my opinion in whether it's wanted or not.....

I realise that all forums thrive on "in jokes" but by christ this one is boring to those of us who don't really know the personalities/back stories behind the usernames.

I'm not for one minute suggesting a group hug love-in, but even poking monkeys with sticks gets tiresome after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Recently I've been getting some special attention from certain sock puppets.

To be clear I do not want this. I don't like it. It does piss me off.

However in previous cases I have flounced off. They win, I look like a bedwetter.

I was requested to stand my ground by several other posters. Yesterday I did this.

So the noise levels go up, and it stinks up the board and generally makes things less enjoyable for others.

But, and here's my point, this is not just Suity noise. This is cross talk. So before you go sticking me on ignores, and rolling your eyes and going "blimey it's off again" spare a thought for the other side of the tennis match that regularly troll on here and get away with it scott free.

That is all.

Suity
          So have a word with your master, tell him to take his hand out of your rectum and retire you. One problem solved.

Comment

Sir Isaac Newton told us why
            An apple falls down from the sky
            And from this fact, it's very plain,
            All other objects do the same
            A brick, a bolt, a bar, a cup,
            Invariably fall down, not up
            And every common working tool
            Is governed by the self-same rule
            So when you handle tools up there,
            Let your watchword be, "Take Care!"
            If at work, you drop a spanner,
            It travels in a downward manner
            At work, a fifth of accidents or more,
            Illustrate old Newton's law
            But one thing he forgot to add,
            The damage won't be half as bad
            If you are wearing proper clothes,
            Especially on your head and toes
            These hats and shoes are there to save
            The wearer from an early grave
            So best feet forward and take care
            About the kind of shoes you wear
            It's better to be sure, than dead,
            So get a hat and keep your head

Don't think to go without is brave;
            The effects of gravity can be grave.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
              As this is a discussion forum, I'll stick my opinion in whether it's wanted or not.....

I realise that all forums thrive on "in jokes" but by christ this one is boring to those of us who don't really know the personalities/back stories behind the usernames.

I'm not for one minute suggesting a group hug love-in, but even poking monkeys with sticks gets tiresome after a while.
              I'll never get tired of poking Mrs Monkey with my stick

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
                I'll never get tired of poking Mrs Monkey with my stick
                Neither do the rest of us.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post

Trust me, it's just as boring if you do know them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Trust me, it's just as boring if you do know them.
                    Too true, if not more boring tbh.

Comment

Working...
                    X