• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short story long: I'm getting a UK passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short story long: I'm getting a UK passport

Finally after what seems like ages flirting with a dumb ox of a contractor in the promised land of the UK I have finally got my way and am getting married, UK passport here I come!

It took a while, but decided the subtle approach wasn't working and just asked him to marry me and he said yes, well he didn't say no but that's the same thing right?

I am over in 6 weeks so thinking a spring wedding, MP will you be my maid of honor? Admin can you give me away?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Now you are British make yourself useful and go and lend these guys some support:

BBC Sport - Cricket - Cricket World Cup: Brilliant Ireland shock England

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Would Suity?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Now you are British make yourself useful and go and lend these guys some support:

BBC Sport - Cricket - Cricket World Cup: Brilliant Ireland shock England

Does a passport come with a time machine that means he can travel back to 2011 when that match was played?

If it does, I feel robbed because I didn't get one when I renewed mine recently.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Short story long: I'm getting a house and half of some ox's future earnings as I'm lead to believe that this is the sole benefit of getting married. Kerrrching! I read this on the internet.

Fixed to more accurately reflect CUK's understanding of marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Would Platty?
            FTFY

OBIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAZQaYKZMTI
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Looks like you're marrying him cos of the passport.

Let me continue sipping my tea.

Comment

Where is "The Duck"?
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                X