• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2015 Formula 1 Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Formula 1 Thread

Two weeks until the first race, and final testing is in progress. Probably we're at the point only serious fans are paying attention - any thoughts so far?

Personally:
    • It seems clear Mercedes are leading the way
    • I'd love to believe Williams can continue to fight at the top - I never saw Massa win
    • Similarly, I got into F1 the year Brawn won, so never witnessed a great Ferrari
    • How on earth have Force India screwed up so badly? They were ready last year with the massive rule changes, this year is evolutionary so what went wrong?
    • While Sauber seem to be doing great, I don't have any interest. No connection with their drivers, WGAS.

I'm struggling to see the point of Manor/Marussia taking part. They're butchering last year's car - which was crap to begin with - so it complies with the rules, which can't work well since aero is a full-system thing where changing the nose affects how air passes over the rest of the car.
    On top of that they've apparently signed a deal to use the Ferrari 2014 engine, which was also crap. They're going to be ~70bhp behind the next worst engine in a bodged, useless car.
    How is trailing around even further behind at the back than before, without even another back-marker team to fight with, going to attract sponsorship or make commercial sense?
    Will they even be fast enough to meet the 107% rule?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Its tulip. I dont know why any sane adult watches F1.

Im not a biker but I much prefer to watch World Super Bikes instead. Its more competitive, there's lots of overtaking and its doesnt race on tracks where you cant overtake ie Monaco, so end up with a glorified procession.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Schumacher sold his Norwegian holiday home.

Comment

Well honda have any engines left by the 5th race..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No Alonso for Australia, doctors orders

BBC Sport - Fernando Alonso to miss Australian Grand Prix

Comment

The fishiness continues.

Comment

Mercedes seem to be ahead again, but I think it'll be pretty competitive amongst the rest, and certainly Ferrari and Lotus are looking a lot better than last year. Williams are going to have a fight if they want to be second.

I agree with d000hg about Manor. At least last year there was a small amount of interest in the Marussia-Caterham battle; this year what's the point?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Mercedes seem to be ahead again, but I think it'll be pretty competitive amongst the rest, and certainly Ferrari and Lotus are looking a lot better than last year. Williams are going to have a fight if they want to be second.

I agree with d000hg about Manor. At least last year there was a small amount of interest in the Marussia-Caterham battle; this year what's the point?
                Since they get passed more often by the leaders, they get more air time than the mid-field teams...

I'm not ruling out McLaren yet, if they can get reliability: all the experts are saying they were running with their new power plant turned down from its potential peak and remembering they are effectively a year behind everyone else. Look what Alonso was doing with a crap Ferrari; if the McLaren is any use at all he'll make it work.

However, with Mercedes going a second quicker than anyone else while running on a slower tyre, I suspect they may be at the top...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Can't see past Mercedes winning both titles again and can't see the point in Marussia sticking around. I'm interested to see if Williams can keep up their momentum and build upon last years excellent performance. McClaren still seem to be going backwards and I wonder if Ferrari have managed to put a decent car together. Will Vettel get shown up in an average car again? Maybe.

Comment

Red Bull didn't have an average car last year. Winning 4 championships on the bounce, Vettel doesn't need to prove anything to anyone really.

Ferrari does look to have a decent car though.

I can't see why Mercedes wouldn't win both championships - historically when one team achieves such dominance following big rule changes, they do retain that advantage for a time. And, Mercedes have two excellent drivers - Rosberg lacks the sparkle but is very quick and very consistent.

Comment

Working...
                    X