• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the ladies again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the ladies again

Irish university job application form asks 'do you suffer problems with menstrual periods?' | Daily Mail Online

University job application form sparks fury in Ireland with questions such as 'do you suffer problems with menstrual periods?' and 'do you suffer any breast problems?'
    Questionnaire handed to job hunters at the University of Ireland Galway
    Female job hunters asked to confirm if they 'suffer with menstrual periods'
    Assessment form also asks candidates if they 'suffer any breast problems'
    A politician has described the content of the form as 'totally outrageous'
    University says answers are confidential and not seen by human resources
    oh to be back in the 80s
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Wonder if they need an inspector to verify the truth of their no boob problem policy

:-D

Comment

FTFY

I'd have been tempted to fill in a couple of sides of A4 detailing the cramps, backache and loads of other unpleasant details that all you delicate flowers really wouldn't want to know about
      And maybe another side of A4 about me tits.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

When I was a permie and looking for another consultancy role, I was asked at every single interview I had, if I had children and who would look after them when I was working away.
        I have never been asked this in a contract interview - yet another good reason to stick with contracting
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

When I first applied for jobs as a permie. I was often asked if I intended getting married and having kids and of course if I intended moving back to Ireland at some point.

Needless to say they can't ask those questions any more.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            When I first applied for jobs as a permie. I was often asked if I intended getting married and having kids and of course if I intended moving back to Ireland at some point..
            Same sort of questions Hookers are asked in Yorkshire before they join the "agency".

Before you ask, I have a friend and all that ....

Comment

Working...
            X