• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facts about Feedback

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facts about Feedback

I'm interested to see if my experience of behaviour trending towards the fifth option is industry wide. Certainly seems to be having asked others. Please select your most common experience / average over your last 3 interviews
    Rational feedback on or around the date you were told a decision would be taken
    11.11%
    A simple “No” on or around the date you were told a decision would be taken
    0.00%
    Feedback / No significantly delayed
    0.00%
    Feedback / No significantly delayed only after being chased
    0.00%
    Radio Silence / Never informed
    33.33%
    AndyW's mum tells me everything I need to know
    55.56%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Contractoid; 28 February 2015, 09:31.

After an interview the only feedback I am interested in is "When can you start".
    Everything else is pointless
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      After an interview the only feedback I am interested in is "When can you start".
      WPS.

Who cares about the rest?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

^ This

Comment

Pretty much that.

No mystery that agents won't go to any effort to communicate if it's a no.

Comment

I think OP you need to understand the contracting game has changed in recent years. Now agents are also suffering from being Bobbed, margins are down and the market did dip at the start of the year.

In a tight market it's always survival of the fittest. Is Shane or Dwight the agent going to waste their time on making you feel better, or are they going to hit the phones for the next tranche of candidates before a competitor does?

To that end you have to study the market, actually dig into the ads, try and work out what is real and what is bogus. Normally gigs that repeat by other agencies there was only one real gig and the others put out copy cat gigs.

Try and apply for the gigs that smell right, call the agent up straight after submitting. Get a relationship built with the agent. Make them remember your name.

But above all, follow their lead. Don't sit around waiting for feedback that will never come. You should still be I interviewing until the contract is signed and you have a start date.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

About 90% of face to faces over 15 year of contracting I have got an offer from, the 1 in 10s I know when I leave and don't expect a call.

I don't tend to chase anyone up. I just go in, do my pitch, answer the technical questions they found when the googled "what to ask a IT contractor in an interview" then shake hands and walk.

Comment

OP, have you had any interviews? Or is it initial feedback on your CV that you are chasing for?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The only feedback I'm interested in is "A payment has been made to YourCo's account"

Comment

I normally just fart & then rollover and fall asleep afterwards.

What are we taking about again?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X