• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pop as classical

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop as classical

Whatever happened to classical music? Like listening to classic FM but after you've heard them a million times...

Just a question of style really. Some pop music makes great classical, how about the theme to this charity appeal? SOS, Abba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIPM...layer_embedded

PS That video is supposed to have a ghost in it. Hmm.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/br...ngton_Priory_/
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 February 2015, 18:04.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm a mighty big fan of baroque pop, sadly it only really lasted a few years and it was just a few big bands like the beach boys and the beatles that had the creativity and more importantly the money to get the sound.

There are loads of great songs that use orchestras, my personal favourite is Heard it through the grapevine with the Detroit Symphony, I like it as it is just about the last time you hear a drum kit that sounds like a drum kit. No compression, no gated reverb just the drum sound.

Comment

Working...
      X