• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drug-drive limits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug-drive limits

BBC News - Drug-drive changes and "drugalysers" come into force

Why are the limits for illegal drugs anything other than zero? And why are there not random tests for everyone?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Why are the limits for illegal drugs anything other than zero?
    They are zero in any practical sense.

And why are there not random tests for everyone?
    Why would there be? Why don't we all have to do a piss test when we wake up every morning to check for illegal substances? Why don't we get random dawn raids to check our homes for illegal immigrants?

With that being said:

The situation for people who use prescription drugs had not changed, he said, but "the onus is on the individual to assure themselves that their driving ability is not impaired".
    demonstrates that there's little objectivity involved.

Comment

BBC News - Drug-drive changes and "drugalysers" come into force

Why are the limits for illegal drugs anything other than zero? And why are there not random tests for everyone?
      I thought it was legal to consume what you wanted - it is illegal to sell/make/distribute it.

Otherwise why would all heroin addicts not be arrested when they go to a needle exchange?

Interestingly also the Manchester Met Police are against them and say they need to be reviewed before being put into widespread use.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        I thought it was legal to consume what you wanted - it is illegal to sell/make/distribute it.

Otherwise why would all heroin addicts not be arrested when they go to a needle exchange?

Interestingly also the Manchester Met Police are against them and say they need to be reviewed before being put into widespread use.
        I've no idea if consuming drugs is illegal but possession (even for own use) certainly is so I think technically those visiting needle exchanges CAN be arrested - but it's agreed they won't be for pragmatic reasons. Like a gun amnesty - arresting people who bring in illegal firearms is not that helpful
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Had to be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWxgfTMLtc0

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            "the onus is on the individual to assure themselves that their driving ability is not impaired".
            Good point! An 18 year old with a ski-full of drink and drugged to the eyeballs may well be a better driver the a 95 year old.

Comment

Working...
            X