• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what is it with pimps when they leave phone numbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is it with pimps when they leave phone numbers

Surely if a pimp has bothered to leave you a voicemail they are genuinely trying to get hold of you because you think you are right for a particular role they have. If so, why o why do half of them speed through their phone number so you can't jot it down? How incredibly stupid of them. I've lost patience with this kind of pimp now and just delete the message.

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    Surely if a pimp has bothered to leave you a voicemail they are genuinely trying to get hold of you because you think you are right for a particular role they have..
    They*

If so, why o why do half of them speed through their phone number so you can't jot it down?
    You are COTBAC only if you can write it down.

So the question is AYCOTBAC?

Comment

Go permie. Life is much easier..
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Go permie. Life is much easier..
        You sound very predictable these days. Are you not spending enough time on Immigration boards?!

Comment

Even if you manage to write down the number and you call them, they will never answer or if someone answers (never the pimp that called you) they are always "in a meeting" or "a lunch break" (lunch breaks normally lasting from 10AM to 4PM) after which they will call back immediately (immediately meaning never ever at all)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Even if you manage to write down the number and you call them, they will never answer or if someone answers (never the pimp that called you) they are always "in a meeting" or "a lunch break" (lunch breaks normally lasting from 10AM to 4PM) after which they will call back immediately (immediately meaning never ever at all)
            This.

And even if they speak to you and say you're a great match, remember you're often only speaking to a drone. Your cv might get forwarded to the fateful 'Account Manager' who'll promptly look for those asking for the lowest rate and will frequently filter out better quality contractors.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              This.

And even if they speak to you and say you're a great match, remember you're often only speaking to a drone. Your cv might get forwarded to the fateful 'Account Manager' who'll promptly look for those asking for the lowest rate and will frequently filter out better quality contractors.
              Oh yeah this fictitious, mysterious account manager. Who never can be spoken to directly, who always seem to have 20 year old trainees (mostly girls for some reason) working for them. When the sentence "I will now discuss it with my accountmanager" has been uttered you know, you will never hear anything back.

Comment

Oh yeah this fictitious, mysterious account manager. Who never can be spoken to directly, who always seem to have 20 year old trainees (mostly girls for some reason) working for them. When the sentence "I will now discuss it with my accountmanager" has been uttered you know, you will never hear anything back.
                I always found center4testing to be the worst for that. Even had a disagreeable 'discussion' with someone purporting to be such an account manager once.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I've managed to speak to account managers.

Oddly a lot of them have young male trainees........
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X