• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do we end the World's addiction to debt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we end the World's addiction to debt?

Only mass default will end the world's addiction to debt - Telegraph

Mass default?

This would probably work

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
      Since when has anything that suity has predicted come true?

Comment

Some thoughts:

The greatest debtors of them all are governments.

Living without debt is a great liberation. When you’re in debt the money belongs to someone else, you don’t care. When you earn it I spend it much more cautiously.

Debt is advertised as a good thing but in reality it restricts our ability to invest in our country, defence.. etc.

UK governments will continue to spend money that is not theirs, but ours.. by now this is money that cannot be paid back.

If the current debt of a country cannot be cleared by the current active population then a law should exist that prevents that government borrowing further. With criminal proceedings for MPs that do.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Without Borrowing/Credit most of the modern world would not have happened. The problem is people being greedy and borrowing too much/dodging tax/not saving.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            The problem is people being greedy and borrowing too much/dodging tax/not saving.
            And the people that do will come out as winners? Until that message is cast in stone debt addiction is unlikely to dissolve, no?

To often you read about the true creators of value in our economy, engineers and scientists studying for years and years only to earn a pittance but who we become so dependant on for growth. Yet the message the government sends to those that pay tax, saving for a house, is to spend your wealth on the reckless.

No idea how people accept this situation.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Without Borrowing/Credit most of the modern world would not have happened. The problem is people being greedy and borrowing too much/dodging tax/not saving.
              There is $22trillion in offshore accounts - about the size of the US economy.

Its the only reason that QE has not lead to inflation - the rich have it all stashed away.

Comment

Can someone lend me a couple of quid for lunch?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Can someone lend me a couple of quid for lunch?
                  Only a couple of quid? This is supposed to be a contractor forum.

Can I borrow £100 for swans wings and champers for lunch?

Comment

`
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X