• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood bath in the city

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood bath in the city

I must admit I thought this saga was over and things in finance were looking better, well apart from the Lloyds yet another 10% cut. Looks like RBS is exiting investment banking completely.

RBS to slash 14,000 investment banking jobs: FT 03.03.2015 | Nachricht | finanzen.net
    I'm alright Jack

Barcap to be soon :-

Barclays’ 30-year attempt at taking on Wall Street is coming to an end - Telegraph

Why Europeans get involved in IB is beyond me. They are rubbish at it.

Comment

UBS is downsizing and going back to wealth management, Deutsche Bank mired in litigation. Doesn't look good.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

What's the origin of the word bloodbath?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It was invented by a Swedish death metal band.

Bloodbath - Grand Morbid Funeral
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            It was invented by a Swedish death metal band.

Bloodbath - Grand Morbid Funeral
            So you couldn't find it either then? :-)
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I thought this was a post about Bristol invading Bath.

Very disappointed.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I thought this was a post about Bristol invading Bath.

Very disappointed.
                lol

Not yet. Give it 50 years!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  UBS is downsizing and going back to wealth management, Deutsche Bank mired in litigation. Doesn't look good.
                  Not is is not good for the industry, country and Europe as a whole.
                  It might be the in thing at the moment to bash to banks but it is going a bit too far really.

Comment

This is why I love being a contractor, Banking sector crashing? Move to public sector. Public Sector slashed? Move to Tech companies etc etc. We are like the slag who goes for the guy doing the best and will dump them as soon as they look like becoming a loser.

Comment

Working...
                    X