• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flying Lessons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying Lessons

I decided to take up flying this week and headed off to Blackbush for my first time behind the props. I'm hooked & have decided to take some more lessons, who knows I may get my license and be flying that next BA flight to the US.

Who on here has got the license? How long did it take, any advice?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Flying is a doddle.

Taking off and landing are the tricky bits.

Someone I worked with years ago was going to give up IT because he'd paid his way through a commercial pilots licence.

It obviously didn't work out because a couple of years later he was flying himself to the Paris every week for a project out there.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Think it's 'licence' actually...

Comment

It's something I very much intend to get back into one day - if you're serious about getting qualified my advice is to hit the books hard and early. I never found physically flying to be particularly difficult (At normal doing circuits level), but the ground school bits get very heavy.

Comment

Serious question - can u do it with corrective vision? I have one eye out - one is long sighted the other is short - no massively so but but mean I can only really see out of one eye...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Serious question - can u do it with corrective vision? I have one eye out - one is long sighted the other is short - no massively so but but mean I can only really see out of one eye...

I have no idea you speccy twat, I've got perfect vision.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I have no idea you speccy twat, I've got perfect vision.
              How you manage that with your frequent masturbation you lucky sod!!?

Googling reckons I can fly with my specs on! Just not for USAAF, but that doesn't matter since they kill more friends than foes....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                How you manage that with your frequent masturbation you lucky sod!!?

Googling reckons I can fly with my specs on! Just not for USAAF, but that doesn't matter since they kill more friends than foes....

Inventory | AT AviationAT Aviation

Look a bit pricey on their own, but a friend has a plane share. I decided earlier this week when I was in the bookies, that by the amount of money I've spent in their I could have bought a fricking plane and had 1000 lessons. So I decided to head off to the airport instead.

Doesn't cliphead have a license?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Inventory | AT AviationAT Aviation

Look a bit pricey on their own, but a friend has a plane share. I decided earlier this week when I was in the bookies, that by the amount of money I've spent in their I could have bought a fricking plane and had 1000 lessons. So I decided to head off to the airport instead.

Doesn't cliphead have a license?
                  Leeds Bradford prices here, doable, not sure if it's worth it, could finance a music studio for similar, and get more personal benefit...

Flight Training Centre Leeds, Flying Schools Leeds | Multiflight

Comment

Had one flying lesson at Blackbushe (won it in a raffle). Flew to Basingstoke and back. It definitely looks better from the air. Felt very airsick, so was glad when we touched down.

Comment

Working...
                    X