• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Estate agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate agents

What a bunch of spivs these people are.

I'm thinking of selling up and so I've had a few of these people round for a valuation. Why are they all scousers who look like they just go out of prison? Eh, I think we can shift this one for ya, you ready to do a deal?

Anyway, 1.5% sole agency fees. That's about £3,500 (plus VAT) to take a few photos, write a bit of blurb and field a few calls. One even said, they pretty much get all their business through the internet these days and stick the properties on rightmove and then take a few emails.

I think I'll cut out the middleman and try and shift it meself like. Calm down calm down!

Estate agents

www.houseweb.co.uk/prop/sell.html

I sold mine through these chaps for £50, some of their packages include rightmove, assetahome etc.

Comment

See

www.housepricecrash.co.uk...owforum=22

Houses are crashing big time make no mistake about it

Comment

Hardly a an unbiased source of information wouldn't you say?

Comment

Cheers peeps.

These guys (estate agents) truly take the piss when it comes to cost.

Comment

See this one then if ytou think thats a bit biased

www.citywire.co.uk/News/N...onID=74965

Comes from the goverment and shows a 0.8% drop or about £2k off the average house price for the past month

Comment

re crash

would you call 0.8 of one percent a crash?

Comment

Re: re crash

Ask me again in 6 months time.

Comment

what's wrong with scousers. I know quite a few nice ones

Comment

That 0.8% drop last month still sees a 5.7% increase over the year.
                    Other reporters in this field ie Halifax say that this was not unexpected due to easter falling early.

Comment

Working...
                    X