• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.

https://twitter.com/coreyspowell/sta...63650931965952

For dear old Freako, this rather curious concept is linked with the plumes of matter emerging from the poles of Europa.

All these worlds are yours to explore, bar Europa.

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it
    Trying to remember which episode that was in. Was it the cavey one with rocky creatures? Or was it a giant lizard?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Who is this Freako you freakwently mention?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Who is this Freako you freakwently mention?
        Enough! Now go chop vegetables for dinner.

The Germans are very particular about their spuds. Go wash their potartoes

Comment

If there are any nearby advanced aliens, they're most likely all nomadic, hopping from star to star, as life for century after century stuck in one place with nothing new to discover would be intolerably boring and would lead to inevitable decline.

The biggest challenges of interstellar travel include dust and gas, and simply being able to pack enough propellant/energy and other raw materials. Thinking about it, perhaps the simplest solution instead of some flash looking ship is simply to travel with or even inside a small star, if the technology could be developed to live safely within it, as this could simply barge through and safely absorb any rubbish in its path.

As luck would have it, a small red star passed within a light year of Earth some 70,000 years ago (and is now 20 light years away, so it is travelling at a fair lick). So who knows perhaps aliens dropped by for a quick visit then. That was also exactly the time modern humans started wearing clothes (deduced by DNA of today's head and body lice) and migrated out of Africa ...

Close Call! 'Scholz's Star' Grazed Our Solar System 70,000 Years Ago

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Freaki Li Cuatre

Who's sockie was that?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Trying to remember which episode that was in. Was it the cavey one with rocky creatures? Or was it a giant lizard?
              Nah, you're confusing Bones saying 'He's dead, Jim!'
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                https://twitter.com/coreyspowell/sta...63650931965952

For dear old Freako, this rather curious concept is linked with the plumes of matter emerging from the poles of Europa.

All these worlds are yours to explore, bar Europa.

Its 'except Europa' not 'bar.'

And when they going to make 2061!?
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Meanwhile...back on Earth

The Canadian authorities have asked trekkies to stop 'Spocking' the five dollar bills

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X