• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

kb accountancy group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kb accountancy group

Hi there. Does anyone have any recent experience with these guys? I need to change accountants and their package looks great (not too good to be true) but also seems to include professional indemnity/employers and public liability insurance.

Originally posted by neilkellett View Post
    Hi there. Does anyone have any recent experience with these guys? I need to change accountants and their package looks great (not too good to be true) but also seems to include professional indemnity/employers and public liability insurance.
    Hello.

I'm with them and so far everything has being very possitive. It is my first contract/LtdCo experience and because of that I've been asking lots of questions by email (almost everyday!) to my assigned accountant. She replies very quickly, sometimes in few minutes, always in less than 1-2 hours, with a pretty clear explanation for dummies.
    I can also phone her.

They use FreeAgent (IRIS OpenBooks) and I love it, very easy to add your expenses, manage your bank account, etc. Also they introduced me to the Bank (they have 3 to choose from) so opening the account was really quick and easy.

I pay £114/month (VAT included) but the 6th month will be free because they had an offer when I join, effectively lowering the fee to less than £105/month. Not sure if it is available now.

I would recommend them, but it is only based in my first couple of months with them. Maybe other forum members have different opinions.

If you decide to go with them, I would be very grateful if you let me refer you so I get a small reward. Send me a private message

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherGuy View Post
      Hello.

I'm with them and so far everything has being very possitive. It is my first contract/LtdCo experience and because of that I've been asking lots of questions by email (almost everyday!) to my assigned accountant. She replies very quickly, sometimes in few minutes, always in less than 1-2 hours, with a pretty clear explanation for dummies.
      I can also phone her.

They use FreeAgent (IRIS OpenBooks) and I love it, very easy to add your expenses, manage your bank account, etc. Also they introduced me to the Bank (they have 3 to choose from) so opening the account was really quick and easy.

I pay £114/month (VAT included) but the 6th month will be free because they had an offer when I join, effectively lowering the fee to less than £105/month. Not sure if it is available now.

I would recommend them, but it is only based in my first couple of months with them. Maybe other forum members have different opinions.

If you decide to go with them, I would be very grateful if you let me refer you so I get a small reward. Send me a private message

Slight Whiff of Sockie to this post.

Comment

Don't know if its relevant but the 2 companies K&B accountancy group ltd, and K&B accounting group ltd, both have overdue accounts and companies house. The Registered office details on the K&B website is different from Companies House. There might be a simple explanation - I know there is reference to Kingsley Hamilton on the website and they have common directors so it may be that Kingsley Hamilton own K&B - but I'd certainly ask the question.

Comment

Good afternoon,

I’m writing on behalf of K&B Accountancy Group and would like to clear up any misunderstanding with regards to the business. The company underwent a comprehensive restructure two years ago to cater for its rapid expansion and now operates under the Kingsley Hamilton Ltd name. There have been no other changes, and the business is growing from strength to strength and currently assisting over 2,000 contractors.

I hope this puts your mind at ease,

Kind regards,

Natasha Webb
          Business Development Executive

Comment

Originally posted by Tash Kinglsey Hamiliton View Post
            Good afternoon,

I’m writing on behalf of K&B Accountancy Group and would like to clear up any misunderstanding with regards to the business. The company underwent a comprehensive restructure two years ago to cater for its rapid expansion and now operates under the Kingsley Hamilton Ltd name. There have been no other changes, and the business is growing from strength to strength and currently assisting over 2,000 contractors.

I hope this puts your mind at ease,

Kind regards,

Natasha Webb
            Business Development Executive
            Thanks Natasha. I'm dealing with one of your team at the moment to organise joining you. Cheers

Comment

Bad experience K and B!!

Originally posted by neilkellett View Post
              Thanks Natasha. I'm dealing with one of your team at the moment to organise joining you. Cheers
              Hi there

I have had bad experience with K and B for the past 1.5 years as they have not been able to resolve my issue. First of all they are not regulated by any of the 6 professional accounting bodies in UK which means they can continue their unprofessional and fraudulent approach.
              <mod snip> who got in touch with me in June 2016 to resolve the issue is not responding to multiple emails and text messages i sent. They are very unprofessional and im struggling to file company tax returns for the money i paid monthly i.e. 150 per month and i have to pay penalties from HMRC for non filing of tax returns. Self assessment was also not filed for me and my wife who are directors.
              Im really annoyed and even after sending a letter before action there is no response because they are NOT regualted by any governing body in UK.
              Can someone from K and B resolve my issue and refund the money i paid as fees??

Comment

Emails and texts?? That's how you resolve issues that really annoy you?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Emails and texts?? That's how you resolve issues that really annoy you?
                  I don't think they were even responding to smoke signals or carrier pigeons. Full escalation to e-mail or text has occurred.
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                    Don't know if its relevant but the 2 companies K&B accountancy group ltd, and K&B accounting group ltd, both have overdue accounts and companies house. The Registered office details on the K&B website is different from Companies House. There might be a simple explanation - I know there is reference to Kingsley Hamilton on the website and they have common directors so it may be that Kingsley Hamilton own K&B - but I'd certainly ask the question.
                    There are certainly questions I'd be asking. Even the Kingsley Hamilton accounts don't look very healthy, negative shareholders funds of nearly £1million. It would certainly be a concern that if an accountant can't get the accounts right, what hope do the clients have?
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X