• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"FRIDAY the 13th"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"FRIDAY the 13th"

Just had an offer on my house for the full asking price!
    But Just found out the House we wanted to buy has been sold STC ,FFS

There is evil at work here

Never know, that sold STC may fall through, could be a silver lining to that dark cloud

Comment

I've just been told the role I had interviewed for that was 20mins commute from home, is now on hold.
      So I'll have to take the 6 month extension in London - bugger
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I was walking through the park today when suddenly - Nothing Happened .

No dismembered head of a man in his mid 40s hidden behind a bush - no trails of tiny yet tell tale drops of blood that would lead to no other place but the Old Bailey.

Nothing - not a sausage.

Comment

Nothing at all .... not a sausage - Naething ....

Never scorn a poor Poet like me,
          For idly just living and breathing,
          While people of every degree
          Are busy employed about—naething (nothing at all)

The Poet may jingle and rhyme,
          In hopes of a laureate wreathing,
          And when he has wasted his time,
          He’s kindly rewarded wi’—naething

And now I must mount on the wave—
          My voyage perhaps there is death in;
          But what is a watery grave?
          The drowning a Poet is naething.

And now, as Grim Death’s in my thought,
          To you, Sir, I make this bequeathing;
          My service as long as ye’ve ought,
          And my friendship, by God, when ye’ve naething

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 March 2015, 15:43.

Comment

last night a fiend in a gimp mask attacked me with a razor sharp samurai chain-saw. When I protested that it wasn't fair as it was only the 12th, he laughed and cut my head off in one go.
            Turns out he is an Australian fiend who follows the rotation of the earth to get a 48 hour spell of being a gimp-maked-fiend on Friday the 13th
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              last night a fiend in a gimp mask attacked me with a razor sharp samurai chain-saw. When I protested that it wasn't fair as it was only the 12th, he laughed and cut my head off in one go.
              Turns out he is an Australian fiend who follows the rotation of the earth to get a 48 hour spell of being a gimp-maked-fiend on Friday the 13th
              Phew - for a moment was a tad concerned about you there EO Old Bean - good job that thanks to the Time Difference the assault was quite in order.

Hopefully the chainsaw wasn't too sharp ....but we veterans can handle it. Meanwhile here in the East Kilbride Library - nothing happened ... Alf then left the Library to go shopping - at exactly the same time as he usually does. (Exit to Background creepy music )

Comment

Working...
              X