• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should fat people be allowed a seat on trains?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should fat people be allowed a seat on trains?

South West Trains station announcer tells obese passengers not to sit down on packed train - Telegraph

In fact, should they be allowed on crowded trains atall?

Ahh the train company know for it's tact.

linky and linky and linky and linky
    Last edited by SueEllen; 13 March 2015, 17:53.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Like most people yesterday, I was outraged by the news that Victoria Poskitt, 40, five months pregnant, was forced to sit on the floor of a packed commuter train because she wasn't allowed in first class, and no-one would offer her a seat.

Outrageous! Why was she not in confinement?

Comment

I've always found that odd, "no-one would offer her a seat". I've seen pregnant women on the Tube loads of times, and have never seen anyone refuse to give up their seat when asked.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          I've always found that odd, "no-one would offer her a seat". I've seen pregnant women on the Tube loads of times, and have never seen anyone refuse to give up their seat when asked.
          Where are you from?

People who use SWT are mostly from places like Guildford so scum.

Comment

Or like me who offered a pregnant girl a seat pointing are her belly, for her to say she was not pregnant

Other commuters trying not to laugh

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Or like me who offered a pregnant girl a seat pointing are her belly, for her to say she was not pregnant

I've done this on more than one occasion ... fat lasses can get really angry sometimes

The train company is only thinking of the fatties ... if they have to stand they will burn off extra calories. So they can justify the big mac, fries and mars bar as a mid morning snack
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

A reason why I never take the train.

Why take a train when you own a RR worth 80 grand (with extra features)

HTH

PS - Contractor for life

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post

This is why I don't say anything. I just get up.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    I've done this on more than one occasion ... fat lasses can get really angry sometimes

The train company is only thinking of the fatties ... if they have to stand they will burn off extra calories. So they can justify the big mac, fries and mars bar as a mid morning snack
                    Since some of the fatties will be physically disabled and been disabled before they got fat, it's just a train operator shooting of their fat mouth.

Plus if you know you are that fat/large/tall you aren't going to willingly squeeze yourself in those kind of seats.

Though I did annoy a larger lady once by asking her to move, then standing up all the way to my destination because she was squashing me by taking over my seat as well. She looked so offended as she obviously hadn't realised how big she was.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X