• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Daevid Allen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Daevid Allen

Gong founder Daevid Allen has died, aged 77
    "And so dada Ali, bert camembert, the dingo Virgin, divided alien and his other 12 selves prepare to pass up the oily way and back to the planet of love. And I rejoice and give thanks. Thanks to you dear dear daevid for introducing me to my family of magick brothers and mystic sisters, for revealing the mysteries, you were the master builder but now have made us all the master builders. As the eternal wheel turns we will continue your message of love and pass it around. We are all one, we are all gong. Rest well my friend, float off on our ocean of love. The gong vibration will forever sound and its vibration will always lift and enhance. You have left such a beautiful legacy and we will make sure it forever shines in our children and their children. Now is the happiest time of yr life. Blessed be."

Comment

They, by that I mean Gong, were meant to be playing here shortly but I got notice that Daevid Allen was critically ill which was a big shame. I first saw them many years ago when they were doing stuff with Here and Now and was also a member of GAS (Gong Appreciation Society) through which I corresponded with Daevid on an irregular basis. Sad to see one of the old hippies go...

Floating Anarchy Live 1977 - in my top 10 of albums:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Farewell then - Daevid Allen - of the PotHead Pixies

You can kill my body - with a gun - but you cant kill me

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Farewell then - Daevid Allen - of the PotHead Pixies

You can kill my body - with a gun - but you cant kill me
          Indeed, Alf

In that world in the clouds where I wanted to stay
          They're the masters of wisdom and laughter,
          Say 'It's never too late, if you wanna change your fate
          Change your head, and the rest will come after.'