• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract - Electronically Signed - No Signed copy for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract - Electronically Signed - No Signed copy for me

Hi all

I have signed a contract electronically however the agency is not too keen on forwarding a signed copy to me.

The contract passed an IR35 check however I did not think to check that I would be getting a signed copy.

Has anyone else signed a contract electronically ?
    Did you receive a signed contract in return.

The absence of me actually having a signed contract is making me feel a little uneasy.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Thanks for any replies.

I've signed through signable.co.uk
    Certainly had copies back myself - and you should certainly have one. It's a contract that works both ways - so it's not on that you don't have a copy of what they've agreed to.
    Last edited by Jatra; 15 March 2015, 16:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Jatra View Post
      I've signed through signable.co.uk
      Certainly had copies back myself - and you should certainly have one. It's a contract that works both ways - so it's not on that you don't have a copy of what they've agreed to.
      Yes. That's my thinking. There is not a contract in place if only one party signs.
      Anyway, I am asking them for my copy of the signed contract.

I did not think that I would have to ask if I am going to be getting a signed contract.
      Anyway, perhaps things are just running slow. I have asked for a copy. I have never had to ask for a copy of the signed contract before though.

Comment

I don't think that is correct. I can't remember the exact details but there are many ways to show acceptance. Turning up on site is one way, am sure getting confirmation by email they accept as well is binding.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I don't think that is correct. I can't remember the exact details but there are many ways to show acceptance. Turning up on site is one way, am sure getting confirmation by email they accept as well is binding.
          OK Thanks. It's a bit odd not receiving a signed contract though. I don't think that I like it very much.

Comment

Am agreed with that and there should be no reasons not to get one back signed.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've just gone through an electronic contract process via echosign. I agree that its a bit strange as the whole idea of the software should be that it bounces everything automatically.

IMO the likelihood is they haven't signed it yet at their end, or they have manually put a block on it returning to you..

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
                OK Thanks. It's a bit odd not receiving a signed contract though. I don't think that I like it very much.
                They should be able to give you a copy of the contract "signed" by them as well. I've had electronically signed contracts before. All that I needed to ensure I've done is once the contract is "signed" by both parties is that I've printed it out asap as sometimes it expires on their system.

Some agents seem to think if they don't sign the contract it means that if anything goes wrong the contract is not legally enforceable. (I've had that once.) So make sure you leave an email trail to show that you both agreed the contract, you signed it and for some reason they are refusing to give you a copy of it.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sorry, not trying to hijack this but, talk about agency bullcarp.

Going back to former client. Agency have sent me loads of docs which Ive electronically signed. No problem. Except for one authorising CIFAS checks.

They say they cannot accept 'electronic digital' signature and need a 'wet' ink sig. Told them I dont have a PSC as everywhere accepts electronic sigs as they have. Nope, need an ink signature. Well cant you start the process of CIFAS checks and I'll wet sign on Monday? Nope, has to be wet signed.

OK but what you going to do once I've done that? We'll scan it into the system as a record of your agreement to CIFAS check!!!!!!!!

Er what, you wont accept my electronic signature that's been scanned to you but you will accept an ink signature that you will promptly scan in?

You cant make this crap up!
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Sorry, not trying to hijack this but, talk about agency bullcarp.

Going back to former client. Agency have sent me loads of docs which Ive electronically signed. No problem. Except for one authorising CIFAS checks.

They say they cannot accept 'electronic digital' signature and need a 'wet' ink sig. Told them I dont have a PSC as everywhere accepts electronic sigs as they have. Nope, need an ink signature. Well cant you start the process of CIFAS checks and I'll wet sign on Monday? Nope, has to be wet signed.

OK but what you going to do once I've done that? We'll scan it into the system as a record of your agreement to CIFAS check!!!!!!!!

Er what, you wont accept my electronic signature that's been scanned to you but you will accept an ink signature that you will promptly scan in?

You cant make this crap up!
                    Sounds like you need to hit the joke shop to buy some disappearing ink!

Comment

Working...
                    X