• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grant Shapps (Michael Green) resigns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant Shapps (Michael Green) resigns

<placeholder>

Grant Shapps under pressure over second job revelation: Politics Live blog | Politics | The Guardian

For what? He was well known as a writer of how to become richer web marketing schemes.... I'm sure the Sunday Times had a field day with it a couple of years back...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I thought the only way to make any money from Google Adsense was to write books promising people you can show them how to make money using Google Adsense .....

Latest one was titled SR3, or 'Stinking Rich 3'. Got to admire the courage to tell it like it is. (Or, more likely, isn't).
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        For what? He was well known as a writer of how to become richer web marketing schemes.... I'm sure the Sunday Times had a field day with it a couple of years back...
        I don't think its so much that he had a second job as a marketeer but more the fact that he constantly denied it and even took legal action against people who said he had, when in fact he was doing exactly what they said. Basically he lied and continued to lie up until the minute he was caught out...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I don't think its so much that he had a second job as a marketeer but more the fact that he constantly denied it and even took legal action against people who said he had, when in fact he was doing exactly what they said. Basically he lied and continued to lie up until the minute he was caught out...
          Grant Shapps had second job as 'millionaire web marketer' despite denials - video | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

I'm kinda surprised that people are surprised about this. This has been on channel 4 a couple of times. I'm not sure what he gains by denying it. Very strange.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

He lied about having another job. He will be gone by end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                I'm kinda surprised that people are surprised about this. This has been on channel 4 a couple of times. I'm not sure what he gains by denying it. Very strange.
                Probably because he's from that same strata as people like Clarkson, they've got away with tulip for so long they think they're untouchable
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Michael Sebastian Grant Shapps-Green-Fox economical with the actualitie?

The cabinet minister – who as chairman has a pivotal role in the party’s election campaign – has defended casting himself as Michael Green of software firm How To Corp by saying that his real name was “permanently published on the company’s main website”.

Until recently this claim could not be easily verified as the company’s webpages have been removed from the internet.

However, the Guardian has discovered a web archive that has kept copies of more than 700 instances of How To Corp’s homepage and Michael Green “biography” page between 2002 and 2007. A detailed analysis has failed to show any mention of “Grant Shapps” on any of the firm’s webpages examined by the Guardian.
                  Also an uber-sockie, apparently.

You never see him and Dodgy in the same room, do you?

Comment

This latest attack by the Guardian and Wikipedia against the saintly and virile Grant Shapps is nothing more than a vile smear. It is laughably easy to show that Grant and I were in different places at the time when I was supposedly him or his meatpuppet. I was on wikipedia and he was nowhere near the internet at the time, as a glance at his diary will confirm.

Cynics have wondered why I would spend so much of my time putting the record straight on my hero's wiki page. Apart from a simple desire to see the plain truth shine through about this modern day political visionary I have another motivation: gratitude. After a devastating explosion down the local pit, it was none other than Grant, acting alone, who went down the smoke-filled shaft and led over a hundred miners, including my grandfather, to safety, administering basic first aid and CPR on the way up. He then returned for the ponies. I believe in paying my debts.

Naturally, the pit had to close after that and the miners had no employment, so Grant selflessly authored - in just a few days - several guides on how to get stinking rich by selling internet fairy dust online, which means each erstwhile miner now owns at least one Porsche each. (These guides are still available on the website of Grant's friend Michael Green, whom he selflessy let take the credit for these masterpieces of self-reliance.)

ContribSX

(Thanks to pjclarke for letting me borrow his CUK account)

Comment

Working...
                    X