• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it to late for Champagne?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it to late for Champagne?

So, wine, whiskey or schnapps? A damn fine selection in this business lounge. Just perusing the menu, looks mighty fine ...

And yes, I really am in the business lounge, unlike some, and I can get a bit tiddely as there's a limo booked for me at the other end...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So, wine, whiskey or schnapps? A damn fine selection in this business lounge. Just perusing the menu, looks mighty fine ...

And yes, I really am in the business lounge, unlike some, and I can get a bit tiddely as there's a limo booked for me at the other end...
    Are you picking on poor Suity again?

Comment

Where you off to?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Where you off to?
        Isn't he going to the US to start on the new role?!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Where you off to?
          Shangrila-la-made-up-bolox-land, same as MF
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I reckon if you've got an hour or so in the lounge but then have to get to the gate and on to a US bound aircraft followed by 8hrs(?) flight from DE, my recommended plan of attack would be to start on the white wine now. Get through boarding drawing the minimum attention to yourself and then crack on with the red.

Hopefully you're not flying with a US carrier? Get as much red down you early doors then you can have a nice nap after food. Aim to wake up 2hrs before landing so that you can get back on it before the hangover kicks in. You'll arrive late afternoon local time so just push on through until about 11pm, pass out for 8 hours and bingo, no jetlag.

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              I reckon if you've got an hour or so in the lounge but then have to get to the gate and on to a US bound aircraft followed by 8hrs(?) flight from DE, my recommended plan of attack would be to start on the white wine now. Get through boarding drawing the minimum attention to yourself and then crack on with the red. Hopefully you're not flying with a US carrier? Get as much red down you early doors then you can have a nice nap after food. Aim to wake up 2hrs before landing so that you can get back on it before the hangover kicks in. You'll arrive late afternoon local time so just push on through until about 11pm, pass out for 8 hours and bingo, no jetlag.

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                I reckon if you've got an hour or so in the lounge but then have to get to the gate and on to a US bound aircraft followed by 8hrs(?) flight from DE, my recommended plan of attack would be to start on the white wine now. Get through boarding drawing the minimum attention to yourself and then crack on with the red.

Hopefully you're not flying with a US carrier? Get as much red down you early doors then you can have a nice nap after food. Aim to wake up 2hrs before landing so that you can get back on it before the hangover kicks in. You'll arrive late afternoon local time so just push on through until about 11pm, pass out for 8 hours and bingo, no jetlag.

You're welcome.

This has to be the best advice to tackle jetlag I have ever read.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Thumbs up to Pondlife except I'll stick with white as I don't like red. Flying to Dulles with Lufthansa
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thumbs up to Pondlife except I'll stick with white as I don't like red. Flying to Dulles with Lufthansa
                    Don't mention the war.

Comment

Working...
                    X