• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone visited Ashridge House?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone visited Ashridge House?

Looking at the IPSE renewal page, I notice the "Plus" membership gives one 24-7 access to Ashridge House, a mansion in Hertfordshire.

Does that mean one could treat it as a sort of country club, and turn up there at weekends? Or is the Ashridge Business School in some damp spider-infested Nissan hut in the grounds?

Anyone visited Ashridge? If so, what facilities there are, um, facilitated by IPSE Plus membership? Would be quite a handy venue if one lived locally.

edit: Suity? Any comments? I see from Google Maps you live only a few miles down the road from there.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 18 March 2015, 13:35.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

I live closer than suity. It's very nice, as you say, quite a bit like a country club in the forest but with the training college as well. I know a few people who work there. Posh golf course.

Comment

Ah but, did you notice the long list of training courses available to IPSE members just inside the front door...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Ah but, did you notice the long list of training courses available to IPSE members just inside the front door...
        Ah, the penny has just dropped. I'm a member of IPSE. Presumably 'Plus', as that's about what I pay.

So does that mean I can just march up there and swan about the bars and facilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          So does that mean I can just march up there and swan about the bars and facilities?
          As the old boy said in "I Robot", that is the right question
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Does that mean one could treat it as a sort of country club, and turn up there at weekends? Or is the Ashridge Business School in some damp spider-infested Nissan hut in the grounds?
            A scrapped Primera or Micra perhaps? You meant Nissen, surely?

Comment

Working...
            X